Chapter 4 - "A Poetic Can Be Anyone"

I sit by my window, and look out at the scenery before me while sipping on my cold drink. Sitting idle isn't my forte but I'm still fairly new to Colorado, and I know nothing about the town. So where would I go? My empty neighborhood makes things even worst for me. And the only neighbor I know exists still haven't made an entrance yet. For all I know my neighbor could be boring. So, who do I talk to?

Colorado is hotter than I thought. In the mountains, it's cooler but once I reach down it actually gets warmer. I step out of the house to explore the little town. With what little I can do, I buy some jewelry for myself, and some food. At around six, I make my way back.

With bags in my hand, I struggle go up the mountain. I didn't think about all this. A sweat or two breaks out on me as I stop to take a break. Exploring is nice. But I think I need a company or two.

"Need a help with that?" A familiar voice stops me in my tracks and I freeze. I look down nervously before turning around. There he is, standing tall and glorious in jeans and a white fitted shirt. I can see his eyes through the specks much better now. I can see his muscles bulging beneath his shirt much closer. I swallow.

"I..um..." he's so gloriously handsome I cannot fathom to make words out right. I don't need his help but I can't carry these bags up the hill by myself either.

"Please." His lips lift a little as he grabs the bags from my hand, the heavy one precisely. Our fingers touch and electricity shoots up my hands.

"Where to?"

"Up the hill. Senota road."

"Senota road," he mumbles, testing the words. We walk together, unafraid of what the world might already think about a teacher and a student walking together outside of the school. For a moment we don't say anything but I can feel his eyes on me.

"It's really hot out today," I say, breaking the ice. He chuckles. Really? This is what I come up with? The obvious?

"It is, isn't it?"

"Do I still have to do the homework if I've already...answered it?" I ask, nervously.

"It's a class discussion. You will be brought up again," he clarifies. Oh.

"I see."

"Are you trying to avoid my assignment?" He asks, humor laced in his voice. I bite my smile.

"I never said that."

"You never did answer my question." And there we are. My heart drums painfully against my ribcage again. I tried to forget about it to keep myself from going insane. I want to still avoid this. I choose to ignore him as I keep on walking. He doesn't push just yet. We stop directly in front of my house, and he looks up. Then he looks at my neighbors house and then back at mine. I mirror him.

"Curious about my neighbor?" I joke. His eyes meet mine, but he remains quite. I push the key into my door handle and push it open. I wait for him to come in because I want him too. And he does which brings a small smile to my face. He places the bags to the side and glances around.

"Is it inappropriate to have a teacher over?" I ask, pouring us water from the fridge.

"Do you want it to be?" He takes the water from me and sips all while keeping his eyes on me. My mouth parts in a silent gasp. I look away.

"How do you like it here so far?" He asks. We sit across from each other.

"Which part? This apartment or Colorado?"