Chapter 26 - I Want Love From You

There's a feeling I can't understand. It sits there, in the bottom of my belly somewhere. And my heart thumps as adrenaline pumps through my veins. There is a sense of fear that's laced into me like a thick ribbon and even though I know I'm alone in my own dome...I feel like I'm not. It's like someone's watching me, someone's waiting for me. I stand under the shower fall, having these insane thoughts, until I know that my water is actually turning cold on me. I sigh as I turn the water off before grabbing my towel. But even then I continue to stand in my bathtub contemplating. If I step out of here what are the chances that what I'm feeling right now will all go away? My nerves are on the edge.

It's as if something bad is going to happen.

I sigh again. What is it with me and these crazy thoughts? Ever since I picked up that picture of Salvatore, I've been on the edge. I've lost track of time. I've no idea what time it is but I know it's a little dark outside. I've slept through most of the day and only woke up when I realized I was sweating. I had a nightmare for the first time in a very long time. But when I opened my eyes...I couldn't recall what I dreamt of. I push my wet hair back with both of my hands and sigh for the third time. I need to eat. And I need to see Klaus. I feel safe with him, I feel—

I turn around and jump back, squealing as I struggle to hold my towel against my body. I close my eyes to regain my posture and in hopes of calming my heart from leaping out of my chest. I'm momentarily disoriented.

"Klaus," I whisper. He's standing there—here—in my bathroom, fully dressed in his uniform, watching me with intense, smoldering eyes. He looks beautiful, absolutely charming in his Law enforcement uniform and his muscles bulge out of his sleeves. I can look at him all day and never get tired. Any other time I'd have my nipples tingling, my pussy throbbing, and my heart hammering against my chest. But right now all I need is a hug, a proper hug from the only man I trust and am in...love with.

"Come here, Maya," his velvety voice says, breaking me out of my trance. My feet moves quickly until I'm gathered into his arms. He holds me tight, my semi-wet body clinging to his dry clothes. Content, I bury my face into the crook of his neck. He's tall, very tall, so I have to stand on my toes. His rough hand brushes back my wet hair.

"What's wrong?" He mumbles, threading his fingers into my hair. I don't lift my face to meet his eyes, instead I push myself further into him for more comfort.

"Nothing," I lie. What's wrong with me? I slept, had a nightmare, took a shower, and felt a sense of fear crawl into me. Is any of that normal? He pulls my head back by my hair gently until my eyes meet his.

"One should learn to lie from you," he accuses. I sadly smile.

"There's a strange sense of...feeling imbedded into me," I whisper, as if someone is listening to our conversation. His brow furrow.

"What do you mean?" What do I mean? I don't know what I mean. I'm talking rubbish. I shake my head only because I don't know how or what to explain to him. He grabs my face.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Not under my watch," he promises. My heart melts. What fear I had evaporates into thin air. I marginally relax.

"What if you're gone for a split second and something happens to me?"

"The Devil wouldn't dare," he smiles, his eyes twinkling devilishly. I swoon, and a giggle breaks out of me. I throw my arms around his neck. I can stay like this, in this position, forever.

"I'm getting your clothes wet. I'm not fully dry," I mumble, apologetically. He chuckles.

"It will dry." He leans in and captures my mouth. I deepen the kiss, tilting my head so he and I can both get a better angle. Yes, just what I needed. I pull away only to plant soft kisses on his cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. Klaus holds me tighter, his fingers digging into my bare waist. The only thing holding me together is a towel wrapped around me. Despite grave feelings in me, I'm much prurient towards Klaus. That's not who I am but that's who I become around him.