Chapter 22 - Invading Privacy

A dreamless night, quarterly. For few hours, I dreamt of a paradise where the ocean waves swayed gently under the pinkish-blue sky. Everything was perfect and well laid out. I sipped on margaritas without having the rush of intoxication, and looked out into the oblivion of beauty before my eyes. I had nothing to worry about, no stress to deal with, and no pain to experience. Not that I was remembering anything to put me into that state but this felt nice. I felt a load of burden and heaviness lift from me and I felt a ton lighter than before.

But I wasn't alone. To share my comfort, excitement, and relaxation was a man laying next to me. His eyes were closed, but a small smile was painted on his lips. We were both together, alone, and unbothered. That was my dream for the past few hours and then everything went quite, and white. My dream ended with a perfect picture of bliss but for the remaining of the night I slept peacefully for the very first time in ages.

I felt a soft peck on my forehead and I smiled, my eyes closed. This must be the start of another dream. But this time I can actually something touching me.

"Maya." A voice calls out. I stir gently, getting more comfortable on the soft. I hum. And the voice calls out to me again. The voice is more closer to my ears now. My eyes tighten. A finger rolls down my cheek. If this is a dream, why do I feel it. My body stirs again and another feather-like touch brings me back to reality. My body reacts and my eyes open slowly, blinking once. White turns into a picture after a dull blur and what's in front of me comes to me more clearly.

"Klaus?" I say, groggily. My voice is raspy, still from the sleep. What time is it?

"Good morning, beautiful," he says, leaning down until his breath fans my face. It's minty, and fresh, enough to give a boost to my relaxed body. I still, completely mesmerized by the figure in front of me. I smile.

"Good morning." It's still dark outside with a hint of orange in the sky.

"Klaus—"

"Shh. Go back to sleep. It's still early. I have to go. I'll be back soon," he whispers. His whispering puts me back into relaxed, sleepy mode and I fight to keep my eyes open.

"I was suppose to make you breakfast before you woke up," I mumble, quietly, lifting my hand to cup his cheek. He tilts his head and kisses my palm. He gives me a warm kiss on my lips.

"Make it up."

"Okay," I smile. I keep my eyes closed. I've never been this sleepy before.

"I'll be back soon." He gives me another kiss, and I smile. Please, don't go. Where are you going?

"I had a beautiful dream about us," I whisper. I can't see him but I feel his smile.

"Tell me all about it when I come back?"

"Okay," I giggle. Maybe I can finish the dream and make it a story to share with him. Another lingering kiss later, I feel his presence slip from my grasp. Feet softly pad away and the door closes quietly before him. I go back to sleep, peacefully again.

——•................——•
Morning sky's light flashes through the window like a flashlight and I feel it before my eyes see it. Blinking a couple of times to dismiss the sleep from my tiresome body, I sit upright slightly and look out the window. Then I look around and the blank space next to me. Where is Klaus? What time is it? I peek at the clock and widen my eyes. Eleven? I slept quarter of my morning away! I remember Klaus telling me he had to leave but I don't remember falling back to sleep and waking up this late until now. I push myself out of the bed, stretch my limbs, yawn, and sigh.

I can't be too mad or upset. Remnants of last night flashes through my brain and I remember why I even slept this much. He tired me out, limb by limb. How he managed to wake up this morning is beyond my head but I know I slept like an angel. The warm, sunlight from the window feels good as it basks me. It almost feels like the temperature and sky from my paradise dream. I stretch again. I couldn't make him
breakfast like I originally planned last night but that doesn't mean I can't make it up.