Chapter 3 - First Encounter

I swallow because that's the only thing I can do. I blink because that's the only other thing I can do. I look down at my books. But, his image is forever planted into my brain. I see it: his Hazel, striking orbs covered in face fitting, black rectangle frames, his ruffled, neat-clean, rich chocolate hair, and bulging fit body.

I glance up through my lashes, and into his eyes. He has thick lashes underneath those glasses. And those Hazel eyes hold a speck of light orange. What does that remind me of? Almost like citrus. But they're the most exquisite eyes I've ever seen before. Why is it that once you look into them you can't look away? There's some intensity in it that only I can seem to see. If I look closer...what can I find? His eyes are sharp, and hawk-like as he glances around.

I lean closer to get a better look. He has no pimples on his face. Not even a single flaw. He has a five o'clock shadow that seems to suit him better than any man can pull off. He continues to glance around until finally his eyes land on mine. And they stay there for a long second. And in that moment something strange and alien sparks into me. He doesn't look away, but I quickly glance down at my books.

Strange little encounter. He might not know it but for a women like me...it feels forbidden. From my part it's already a forbidden gesture. But from his part it could just be something simple, and kind, and appropriate like. Why can't I reciprocate that? Cara hasn't said anything since. Her eyes are still on the Professor, no longer observant but merely lust-filled. I can say the same for the other women in here.

"Fairly big class. Impressive," he smiles. His voice alone has Cara shifting in her seat. She blushes as I catch her in the act.

"Well. I'm glad to be here. My name, in case you all don't know, is Professor Klaus Benton. It's a fairly long class but I'm going to make it quick today. It's only a first day. Don't make a habit of it though. I'm not always too nice," he explains, winking.

Klaus Benton. I taste the name in my mouth, internally. The class chuckles at his small humor. He glances around again.

"Let's try to kill time by introducing ourselves. Who wants to go first?" He asks, pushing his hands out for an exaggeration. The class is quite which brings a chuckle to his mouth. He pushes his bag from the table aside and sits at the center.

"Okay. I'll go first. Professor Klaus Benton. It's my first day here in Lewis College, but I've taught before in California. I started out as a teacher's assistant and grew up to be a teacher himself. I graduated early in my teens, and skipped a grade or two. I also teach Anatomy and Psychology. Alright. Now let's start from this room here," he finishes, pointing at the first row in front of him. One by one, students start to introduce themselves. Each student take about a minute or two to explain themselves. Then my row comes up. Cara goes first. But what comes out of her mouth makes everyone chuckle. She introduces herself, alright. But more so she's flirting openly. Just like the other girls.

One good thing I learned about her is that she's studying Criminal Justice. So she's somewhat book smart and a whole lot of street smart. With no filter to her mouth, she seems like an excellent company to have. Jason is also studying Criminal Justice. But I don't know think he would be any better for me. He's trouble.

Professor's eyes meet mine and I freeze. It's like the floor has slipped from beneath my feet. I grip onto my lap hard when I realize that his eyes are speaking to me. But I can't tell what it's saying. My palms sweat a little and my heart beats in uneven rhythms as I'm now the center of the attention. I always hated being the center of one. I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I try again but nothing. Oh god. Everyone is looking at me.