Chapter 13 - Direct Encounter

Klaus' POV.

"What do we got?" I take a long drag out of my cigarette and let the smoke circle around me. Tightening the phone on my palm, I look out the window. The curtains of her window dance to the rhythm of the wind but there is no sign of her.

"We're talking about a deadly drug here. It's designed to keep an individual awake and feeling but the body is immobilized. Last time this was seen was four months ago in New York, and in New Mexico. It's traveling. If this was found in Colorado then that means more activities will engage here." I can hear Tyler ringing up information on the computer. I take another puff, and tighten my jaw.

"Junebug is on it. We need some kind of a lead. I don't understand why they're spreading terror when all they have to do is stick to their task. They need the girl," Mathew says on the background. I throw the last of my burnt cigarette out the window and watch it fall into a small puddle of rain water.

"That's what they do. Spread little terror in the town they're in until the real deal pops off. Don't forget the girl who escaped is from Colorado. People here know people and that's what they're trying to do. Trap other women into leading to that one women. It's all a mind game and a little bit of fun," I explain. The window in front of me doesn't hold a light which has me thinking. Worrying.

"Were trying to locate the girl before they can. I think we should plaster her picture everywhere," Tyler speaks, the rocking of his chair evident.

"No. local cops are not to step into this case. Take the drug hand it over to the DEA. Keep under cover like you're suppose to and keep on a lookout. Her picture being plastered on the walls can trigger someone to disclose her location. And we don't want that. It's important we find her, copy?" I grit my teeth, pulling out another cigarette.

"Copy that."

"Hey, you're going to want to hear this out. Local COPD has tracked a suspicious activity down Griffith lane. Two women has seen strange activities going on in club Phoenix. All police officer near by have been ordered to halt any interactions with the case. Your call." That's where Maya was drugged. My muscles tighten as I pick up my gun and place it in the holster by my hip.

"Lets go. Once target is approached, I want all perimeters cornered. That's our lead. If any of them escape, I'm having your heads."

"Copy that." Tyler laughs before he hangs up. I look out the window one last time closely. The hidden tears in her eyes still blind me. While I do not regret my words, I wish I had spoken to her with less aggression. The women was special. The only fucking women who did things to me no other women ever had done. I longed to kiss her, to take her in my arms and make her cry for being careless in the club she didn't belong to.

Grabbing only my gun and the badge, I walk out the door. I pull my black, undercover Dodge out of the garage and pull out. The drive to the club is short. I step out of the car. Tyler, Mathew, and few others meet me. The bouncer stops us from entering.

"You guys look like trouble. IDs please." Tyler grits his teeth, then chuckles. Leaning forward, he lowers his voice.

"Do we look like bunch of shitting teenagers to you? Let us in or you're going down for getting in the way of FBI agents. You don't want us to hit you with a record, do you now?" Pulling his badge out, he flashes it to the bouncer. Swallowing down his pride, fear laced in his eyes, he lets us in. I shake my head, but chuckle at the irony. Pulling our facades up, we blend into the crowd.