4-he attends parties

I recently got back from a Saturday morning pain session...I mean cheer leading practice and I was lying on the couch still in my practice clothes. Once again, Heather made my life a living hell. This bitch is never going to let me off the hook for what I did. All I did was break up with the most popular boy in school without a reason. Okay, I guess I can see where she is coming from. I had something every girl in school dreamed of and I simply let it go. Elsa would be proud.

Later tonight there was friend throwing a party, but at the moment I was sulking.

"Are you okay?" I hear my mom ask. I mumble in reply. Mom sighs and makes me sit up so she can sit down. "What's wrong, sweetie?" Her voice now sounding worried.

"Nothing, just tired from practice." I answer, playing with my bracelet that has an infinity charm connected by a silver chain.

Mom notices, "Are you really okay?" Only this time she is referring to another subject.

I avoid her gaze, "Yep."

Mom gives me another look that says 'you wanna talk about it' and I simply shake my head no. There is absolutely no way I am talking about that, right now. My mom nods her head in understanding. "What are your plans for the rest of the day?" She asks changing the subject.

I internally sigh when she does, "There is a party tonight, I was thinking about attending."

"You can go. But no drinking and you have a 1am curfew, understood?" Mom commands.

"I do. Thanks mom for, you know..." I say quietly, referring to what she was trying to bring up.

"You are welcome, Taylor, just know whenever you do want to talk about it, I am here to listen." Mom offers with a kind smile. I just give her a slight nod.

I know my mother is just trying to get me to open up about a certain topic, but I clam up every time she asks. The only time I come close to opening up is around the time it happened. This topic is something that I hate reliving and I feel as if I talk about it, then it's like it has just happened. When really its been almost three years. When it did happen, my parents had no idea how to handle the situation. They have been trying to figure out the best way to help me through what happened but they don't know how. I love them for trying but it gets annoying when they start crossing the line from helpful to full on concerned.

I eventually make my way up to my room to shower and get ready for the party. My room is pretty simple, light pink walls with hints of white. When you walk in you see my queen size bed against the back wall near the window and a night stand with a lamp on it beside my bed. I have a book shelf on the left side that has more cheer trophies than books. My make-up vanity is to the right and my closet is a few feet down from it. I have random pictures of me with friends and family on the walls.

After my shower I put my robe on and go back to my room and into my closet to find an outfit for tonight. I choose a fuchsia short sleeve dress that reaches mid thigh. For shoes, I pick out a pair of strappy pink heels. Once I choose my outfit and undergarments I lay them on my bed then head over to my vanity to do my hair and make-up. I go with a straight hair and a light make-up look. During the process of getting ready I received a text from Lacey asking if we were riding together or going separately. I reply back asking what her curfew is and she texts back with 1am, the same as mine. So I tell her we can drive together in my car.

An hour later and one stop to pick up my bestie, we arrive at Clara Stephens house. The outside of the house looks like it hasn't be littered by cups and other trash yet, which means this party is just getting started. Lacey and I park down the street in effort to be able to get out of the party easily and then make our way inside the house. Upon entering, we are immediately hit with the sound of music and the smell of sweat and beer. Typical high school party.