22-sledding

I woke up Monday morning in a pretty good mood for two different reasons. One: we got enough snow for them to call school off for the day. Living in a state that is prone to a lot of snow, we tend to still go to school when said snow is on the ground. However, our school decided to give us the day off along with the other schools in the district. Reason number two was me realizing that I came very close to kissing Nick last night. Even though we didn't kiss my hopes were high that we could possibly try the whole kissing thing again.

Around eleven I was still chilling in my bed with a cup of orange juice and a strawberry pop-tart. I was in the middle of watching Pretty Little Liars when my phone started ringing.

I looked at it to see Lacey was requesting a Facetime. I slid the green arrow and replied, "Hey."

"Help me." Lacey pleaded with an annoyed expression on her face.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her expression, "Why, what's wrong?"

"My dad came over this morning and suggested that he spend the day with me and Henry." She groans. Henry is her seven year old brother.
"That sounds fun." I chime in.

"No, Taylor it isn't. We are at Chuck E. Cheese. There are little kids all around and they are screaming." She huffs.

Poor Lacey.

"I was playing ski ball when one kid came up to me and stole all of my tickets. I had my eye on a purple giraffe." She pouts.

"Aw. I'm sorry you're not enjoying your snow day." I return the pout.

"How are you spending your snow day?" Lacey asks changing the subject.

I exhale, "Watching Netflix and eating my weight in pop-tarts."

"Ugh lucky." She rolls her eyes. "Oh hey you never told me how your visit to the Ross house went yesterday." She raises a brow in a challenging manner.

I completely forgot I told Lacey I was going over there yesterday. She knew how upset I was and knew I would eventually go over there to make things right. So much happened yesterday that I forgot to give my bestie the details. Some friend I am.

"It went good." I say trying to hold back a smile.

Lacey gasps, "Taylor Croft you tell me what happened right now."

"He wasn't mad at me." I mumble. Lacey gives me a look to continue. "He has two little sisters who are super cute. And his parents are kind." I ramble on.

Lacey knows I am not telling her the whole story, "Come on Tay, you can say it. Something else went on. What is it?" She prys.

"We may have almost kissed...twice." I say quietly.

Lacey squeals, "No freaking way!"

"Its true." I blush.

"Taylor, you are blushing, its adorable. I told you, you like him. Don't even try to deny it now." She giggles.

"I do like him." I say but my smile falters when I look down at my bracelet on my right wrist.

"Are you going to go for it?" She questions.

I sigh in defeat, "No."

"What. Why?" Lacey asks with concern.

"I don't think this is the right time for me to be jumping into a relationship." I admit.

Lacey's expression changes from concern to understanding. She knows exactly what I am referring to. With what is coming up in the next couple of weeks a boyfriend is the last thing I need to add to the equation. It would have been easy if I were with Johnny, he knows what happened. But Nick, he is in the dark and I don't want to bring him into the light.