17- fall formal

"I thought when I voted for Heather to be President of Formals, she would have her own minons to do her dirty work for her. Not us." Lacey complains for the third time now.

Kennedy Prep was having a Fall Formal on Saturday. This was an annual thing, instead of having a Winter Formal, we had a Fall Formal. Heather -our cheer captain- was President of Formals and she decided to draft Lacey and I to help with decorating. So we were currently holed up in the gym, trying to get make this place look like it doesn't just host basketball games. We are also trying to make it not smell like a sweaty gym sock. I'm not even kidding, the smell is terrible.

"We are her cheerleaders, of course she was going to make us help." I tell Lacey as I hang up yet another decorative leaf. I think this is the tenth one I have hung.

"She has a whole team at her disposal, Heather does not need us." Lacey says as she puts a table cloth on the table where the food will be.

Our conversation gets put on hold as we see our boss stomp into the gym. Uh oh, someone pissed her off.
"Everyone stop what they are doing!" Heather orders.

Liked trained animals, we all stop.

"What's wrong, Heather?" A junior named Gina asks.

Heather huffs, "This is what is wrong." She holds up a piece of paper.

I walk over to her and take the paper from her hands and read the print.

"Are you serious?" I ask in disbelief.
"
Yep." Heather purses her lips.

"This is crazy. They can't do this. Did you approve?" I question.

"No. They didn't even let me give any input." Heather says furious.

Lacey walks over to us, "Okay, you two are freaking me out. Give me that." She snatches the paper out of my hand.

As she reads it I can see the smile fall right off her face and her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What is going on?" A freshman asks.

Heather sighs, "We are not only throwing this formal for the kids here. It is a combined formal with Jackson High. Apparently their school doesn't have enough money to throw their own. So Principle Buchanan suggested to the Jackson High principle that his students attend our formal. Apparently they are BFFs.

"This is a very last minute notice. We have already ordered food and drinks. We didn't order enough for three hundred extra kids." I run a hand through my hair in frustration.

"I told the principle that and he said he would take the liberty of ordering more food and drinks." Heather informs.

"All that is fine but the bigger problem here is they don't like us. It is not a good idea having kids who hate prep school kids in the same room as prep school kids in a prep school!" Lacey points out.

"Well then we are all going to have to pull all our weight and make sure this formal goes off without a hitch. Now, let's all get back to decorating. Principle Buchanan has already given us permission to miss class to finish this." Heather orders.

Thursday was now upon us and I was so over decorating. I have gotten so many paper cuts, it is unreal. I've also had no time to shop for a dress, but Lacey and I are ditching school after sixth period to get dresses and our nails done. When we ran it by Heather she told us that we needed to find replacements before she would give us permission to leave. It also helped that some kids from Jackson Highs decorating committee came over to help us.

This morning, Lacey and I were in the gym along with a few underclassmen trying to get some stuff in order. Heather had a test in her Pre-Cal class so she put Lacey and I in charge. Things were going pretty smooth. Although, the P.E. class was in the gym for bit so it was kind of hard to get anything done with them here.