28- tattoos

New Years Eve was now upon on us and I was spending mine going through my closet and getting rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. I'm going to be heading to college in the fall and I need to try to down size my closet. I figured I should get a head start on it. Even if I did get several gift cards from my favorite stores. It would be wrong not to use them right? So I guess I was really just making room for the new clothes I will be buying in the near future.

By the time I was done I had two bags full of clothes to give away. I was pretty proud of myself and I was feeling good about donating them. There are people out there who are less fortunate than I am. It bothers me to no end. When I have the chance to donate clothes, shoes or jewelry I take it. My parents may spoil my brothers and I but they always remind us that we are lucky and to be kind to those who aren't as well off.

I was lying in bed watching the New Years Eve special they were airing when my phone pinged alerting me that I had a text. When I looked at it I saw that it was from Lacey. All she texted was for me to come to the address she sent. I was going to text back but then she sent another one saying not to ask questions just come to the address. I figured this has something to do with what she was planning when ww were in the graveyard the other night. I am just going to humor her and do what she says.

I threw some UGGs on, grabbed my coat, with my purse and keys then headed downstairs.

"Where are you going? The ball is dropping in an hour." Dad asks. He and mom were all cuddled up on the couch with popcorn. They're so adorable.

"Lacey asked me to meet her somewhere." I shrug.

"It isn't some place bad is it?" Mom questions. Ever since I went to Chico's she has been worried about the places I have been going. And I did give her and dad a good scare, so I get where she is coming from.

"Um...I'm not totally sure. All she sent is an address. But I have my pepper spray in my car. Can I go?" I beg.

"Okay. If there are any problems give us a call." Dad demands.

"I will. Love you guys. And in case I'm not home in time, Happy New Year." I say with a smile.

"Love you! Happy New Year!" They both say.

After that I am out the door to my car to meet Lacey at what is hopefully a well lit and safe area. Sometimes I'm not sure what goes on in her head. Most of her ideas do turn out to be harmless but she can't be right all the time.

The drive to the unknown destination was about fifteen minutes. I took my time with driving since it is New Years Eve and the possibility of a drunk driver is pretty high.

I found myself parked in front of a tattoo parlor. Kings & Queens was the name of this place and it wasn't sketchy like Chico's. Nope, this place was modern AF. Very upscale. Who knew this tattoo parlor existed?

I chuckled, Lacey has talked about getting a tattoo a lot recently. She was going to get one back in the summer but her dad found out about it and put his foot down. Since we are seventeen we have to have a parent or someone over eighteen to sign the paper. No one Lacey knew was that age other than her parents. There was her older sister but she was a goody to shoes so she was out.

I turned off the engine and got out of the car. I texted Lacey to let her know I was here and mere seconds later she told me to and I quote "get my ass in here". I locked my phone and walked into Kings & Queens.

Wow this place was way nice. Very clean and very professional. To be honest I have never been inside a tattoo parlor before. When I got my ears pierced my mom took me to the mall. I was a little taken back by how nice this place was. It's kind of embarrassing.