14-bad day

My week was off to a very terrible start. Considering I was hungover Sunday and got grounded, the days follwing were not good. On Monday I got my calculus test back, I got a D. When my parents asked me how I did, I made the mistake of lying, not knowing my teacher had already called them. Mom and dad were not happy with me. I also got written up for detention again on Monday. Long story short, my History teacher hates when we chew gum in her class. I forgot to throw mine out before going into her class. Mrs.George caught me and immediately gave me detention. Monday was an awful day.

Tuesday was now here and I was determined to have a better day than the past two days. Funny how when you get so determined and busy to make sure you have a good day, you actually forget other things. Like where you put your three page English paper. I got so busy looking for my paper, I didn't hear the bell ring and I was late to class. I now have detention for the second day in a row. At this point I will be grounded until graduation.

Unfortunately, Lacey wasn't at school today so I had no one to vent to. By the time lunch rolled around, I was more than ready to go home. I was opening my locker to put my books in it when a note fell out.

Meet me in the AV room for lunch?
-Nick

Reading the note somehow got a smile out of me. I was in no way going to vent to Nick but I could certainly use a distraction from the days from hell I was having.

After going through the lunch line to get my usual salad and bottled water, I was on my way to the AV room on the second floor of the school.

I was about to knock when someone else grabbed my attention.
"Taylor, hey." Phillip greets me.

"Hey. What's up?" I question.

"I was wondering if you have been there recently." Phillip gets straight to the point. I knew he would eventually come asking me this.

I take a deep breath before answering, "A few times."

"You could of told me, I would have went with you." Phillip says with a sad tone.

"I prefer going alone." I mumble.

"Lacey doesn't go with you?" He asks in disbelief.

"No." I simply say. That was one place Lacey and I hadn't been together in a long time.

"Taylor, you can't keep doing this to yourself." He sighs, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"What am I doing?" I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Shutting people out. It didn't just effect you. Lacey and I are in this just as much as you. It will help if we-"

"If we what? Talk about it? There is no way I am doing that. And I know for damn sure Lacey won't either." I cut Phillip off abruptly. I was getting upset.

"Talking can help. You know it's coming up fast. We need to be there for one another." Phillip says calmly.

"I know it is coming." I snap. "Lacey and I would rather deal with it our way. We don't talk about it ever. It's easier that way."

"It isn't easier, Taylor. I can tell that you are hurting over this." Phillip says eyeing me.

"It doesn't matter what I am feeling." I huff and cross my arms over chest.

"You can't keep it in forever. Someday, you will crack." Phillip says before heading off in a different direction. "It isn't a bad thing, letting people in." He says when he turns a corner.

Thank God that is over.

I lean back against the wall beside the door to calm myself down. I hated having those kinds of conversations with Phillip or anyone for that matter. People always try to tell you how to feel or tell you that it isn't good to keep things in. Keeping things in was how I was surviving, it was better that way. Easier too.