44-nick meets emily

I was in my and Nicks room the next day packing up my stuff. Our friends weekend getaway has come to an end and we would be heading back home today. I was bummed. The weekend went by so fast and I wasn't ready to go back to school tomorrow. How many more days till summer?

I heard a knock on the door and said come in to whoever it was. I continued folding my clothes when I heard Phillips voice. "Hey, Tay."

I look up at him for a second then go back to my task. "Hey. You all packed?"

"Yep. I can see that you and Nick still have quite a bit left." He points out looking around the room to see clothes laying everywhere. I think Nick and I are both kind of messy when it came to picking up our clothes. If my mom or dad seen this mess they would scold me and tell me to clean it up immediately.

"I know." I sigh.

Phillip notices my mood. "You okay?" He asks with concern lacing his voice.

"Tired." I mumble.

"No sleep for you and Nick?" He asks.

"We slept." Among other things. "I'm just feeling tired today." And sore.

"Maybe you can get some sleep in the car." He suggests.

"Maybe. Did you need something?" I ask wondering why he came in here.

Phillip scratches the back of his neck and comes to sit down on the bed. I stay standing up and continue packing but I give him my attention.

"I kissed Catherine last night." He confesses quietly.

I gasp. "What?!"

"Yeah. I went down to the kitchen last night for something to drink and she was already sitting at the counter eating cookies and milk. We talked about football and I asked her what her interests were. She didn't mention anything about Emily and I liked it. Before she went back up to her room, I kissed her." He explains.

"Wow." Its all I can say. I'm speechless. I never thought he would kiss her so soon. "Did...did you like the kiss? Did she kiss you back?" I question.

A pink tint appears on his cheeks as well as a smile. "I did and she did. It only lasted a few seconds but it was something. I'm just scared, she's like two and half years younger than me and Charlie seems very protective over her. I know he and I aren't that close but I do have to respect him."

I understand where Phillip is at. The age difference may not be a huge gap but it's still there. I know Catherine has expressed feelings for Xander and he's 20 years old. But she never pursued him. And she said she likes Phillip a lot, this is a difficult situation. I would hate to see them both give up because of the age gap.

"Maybe talk to Catherine. She seems to like you and I can tell you like her. If you are both in, then I say go for it. I'll support you so will Lacey. You deserve some happiness for once." I advise and walk over to give him a hug.

Phillip hugs me back. "Thanks Tay. I appreciate your honesty. Maybe I should try with Catherine."

We hear someone clear their throat and we let go seeing Nick standing in the door way with his arms crossed and that scowl. Huh. I haven't seen that in a while, I kind of missed it.

Phillip stands up to leave. "It's not what you think. Taylor was helping me out. I promise." He tells Nick.

Nick nods his head at Phillip who smiles and exits the room. Nick shuts the door and looks at me.

"Wazzup?" I ask laughing awkwardly.

He raises a brow at me and tries to hide his amusement. "Nothing. How's the packing coming along?"