6-a real conversation

"All of you need to sign in and take a seat." Mrs.Fallon announces.

Ah, detention. I've had it twice before but this would be my first write up as a senior. When Nick disappeared from our conversation earlier in the hall, I was left standing there like an idiot. And since I didn't have a pass, Principle Buchanan felt the need to write me up.

When I told Lacey about my lovely adventure she laughed for five minutes then thanked me for getting Logan's number and then she finally gave me an apology. Good to know she has her priorities straight. On the bright side, she was still promising me a trip to Taco Bell later in the week so I had that to look forward to. But once my parents are informed of my detention, they will more than likely be adding on to my grounding. I sent them a text telling them about it but neither have yet to reply. When they do, R.I.P Taylor Croft.

After signing in I find a vacant desk to sit in. There were only about six other kids in here, two boys who I am sure got caught trying to sell candy that wasn't school property. A girl who I've seen doing graffiti on her locker, a freshman boy who I think got dared by the football team to moon a teacher. Then a couple that probably got written up for doing inappropriate things and then there was me, the girl who skipped class to help out her best friend.

Throughout my time I did the three assignments that my teachers assigned. I also sent out a pity Snapchat to Lacey and I even organized my wallet and found twenty extra dollars in there. I was very thankful that I had put my ear buds in my purse this morning because they definitely came in handy. It turns out the couple didn't get enough action earlier and were having a heated make out session two rows over. Plus the two boys caught selling candy were trying to sell me candy. Needless to say this time around was much worse than the last two times I was in here.

An hour and a half later I was finally free. I made a quick stop at my locker to drop the books I had for my homework back in there since I no longer needed them. Thanks to getting detention I missed cheer practice, oh well, Lacey can fill me in on that later. I checked my phone while walking out of the building and saw that I hadn't received any texts from my parents yet, for now I was in the clear.

Being the idiot that I was, and being on my phone and not paying attention to where I was walking, I basically ran into someone or something. I really hope it wasn't a tree or a car.

I brought my hand up and felt what I ran into and the object felt hard and soft at the same time. Odd. I also felt the object moving, to be honest I was terrified to look up.

"Are you done feeling me up?" I knew that voice.

I slowly looked up and saw those hazel eyes and that scowl. The object I ran into wasn't a car or a tree, it was...Nick Ross. Oh Dear Lord. I gasped and backed up quickly to create some distance. What was he doing here so late after school? I wanted to ask but I couldn't seem to get the words or any words out for that matter. I just stood there with wide eyes and my mouth open.

God, Taylor, get yourself together!

But I couldn't. Not only was it my fault that I bumped into him, I was pretty much feeling him up. And let me tell you, his stomach was rock hard. And felt really nice. He also smelled good. Kind of like mint, it was intoxicating. His eyes also had a sparkle to them do to the sun shining, he had really pretty eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks but it doesn't sound sincere this time. He is probably weirded out.

I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. "I am sorry. I was looking at my phone, not paying attention to where I was walking like I should've been." I look down and fidget with my bracelet.

"Yeah..." he says awkwardly.

"I'm also sorry for...um...touching you." I mumble.

He laughs, actually laughs. I look up to see what is almost a smile but it doesn't make me feel any less of an idiot. I don't know why but here lately anytime I've had what qualifies as a conversation with Nick, I always find myself at a loss for words. Right now I can't tell if he is laughing because he finds this whole thing funny or is he laughing at me for being completely pathetic.
"I won't tell anyone about this or about you giving me your friends number." I say and start to walk away.