5- cheerleader

Due to being grounded for missing my curfew, I was forced to spend the day with my grandparents shopping for things only the elderly use. Turns out if you spend enough time with your grandparents you start to learn things that you wished you never had the chance to learn.

For example: When my Grandma and Grandpa were younger, my Grandpa asked Grandma on a date and she turned him down several times. One time, Grandpa asked her out while they were standing on a bridge and once again, Grandma said no. So instead of Grandpa walking away like usual, he decided to climb over the bridge and pretend to jump off until Grandma finally caved and said yes to a date.

After hearing many stories of their adventures together -one included the story of them conceiving my dad- I felt that I had learned way too much about my grandparents than any grandchild should ever know. When I arrived home later that evening, my parents asked how my time was and I told them that I definitely served my time. After I told them what I had been told they laughed and said that I was still grounded for the rest of the week.

All too quickly, Monday rolled back around. People were still talking about the party Clara threw, honestly the party wasn't that fun. Well it would of been a whole lot more fun if Jay had left me alone. Thst is one weird dude. I don't mind having a short conversation with someone new, but one that lasts all night? No thank you. I was social to the extent of getting to know someone but after that, I usually shut down.

At the moment, Lacey and I were standing by our lockers waiting to go to third period. And shockingly once again my best friend was gushing about that Logan fella she met at the party. You know the one who I blame for me missing me my curfew and having to spend the day strolling down memory lane with my grandparents.

When Lacey Lodge meets a guy and has a relatively long conversation with him, she will normally come to the conclusion that she and said guy are meant to be. Now to be completely fair, she has said this about the past three guys she has met. Those relationships were very short. Lacey was one of those people who think there is a soul mate for every single person out there. When it comes to me, she will give me tough love but when it comes to a guy she is the slightest bit interested in, she is Raj from The Big Bang Theory meaning she thinks they are the one for her. Nine times out of ten, Lacey is very wrong.

"I just wish we had more time to talk." Lacey sighs and leans her head against her locker.

"You talked for five hours!" I exclaim throwing my hands up in the air.

"Those five hours were amazing." She sighs dreamily.

I can't help but roll my eyes at her.

"Lacey, you talked to a guy, a random guy at a party. He isn't going to be Mr.Lacey Lodge." I say.

"You don't get it, Tay. He was special." She says with determination in her voice.

Every guy she meets is special.

"I'm so bummed, I didn't even get his number because somebody was rushing me." She groans.

"You were with him for five hours, did it not occur to you to get his number?" I question raising a brow.

Lacey's cheeks flood with embarrassment which is a telltale sign that those two didn't do as much "talking" as she originally said.

"You've got to be kidding me." I exhale. "Welp, there is nothing you can do now." I shrug.

Lacey is quiet for minute and that tells me she is thinking of a way to either see this guy again or to get his number. Either one she chooses I know for sure she will drag me in.
Pretty soon Lacey's green eyes light up and I can practically see the light bulb above her head light up. Here we go...