13- hungover

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

RINGGGGG!!!!

"Taylor, answer your phone." Lacey groans and hits me in the arm.

I groan and search for my phone. Where the hell am I? I look around, I'm in a tent. Oh right...camping. I try to get myself situated before answering my phone.

"Taylor!" Lacey cries into her pillow.

"Okay, okay, jeez." I huff. I look to see who is calling. Mom. Uh oh. Mom knew I was going camping but I didn't mention anything about drinking.

I clear my throat, slide the arrow to answer the call. "Hey mom." I greet casually.

"Where the hell are you?" She asks furious.

"Somewhere in the middle of nowhere." I answer.

"I told you to be home at nine this morning. It's 10:30. Did you forget that we are having lunch with your grandparents and Xander today?" My mom scolds me.

Shit I completely forgot about that. Once a month, we always make time to go up to Boston University where Xander attends college. Since my grandparents live on the way, we always pick them up so they have a chance to see Xander as well. And today was the day we planned to go.

I rub my head to ease the aching, "Mom, I am so sorry."

"Are you hungover?" I just know she is narowing her eyes.

I laugh nervously, "Whaaaat. Pshh...nooo."

"Taylor Suzanne Croft! Get your ass home now! Your dad and Carter are already on their way up there to fix Xander's car. If you aren't home within the next half hour, you will be in so much trouble! Am I clear?" Mom shouts so loud that I had to pull my phone away from my ear.

"Loud and clear." I nod. Mom hangs up after that. I am so dead.

I didn't even notice Lacey leave the tent. Not wanting to get into worse trouble, I quickly roll up my sleeping bag and put my belongings back in my bag. Thankful, I packed gum, I pop a piece in my mouth. That will have to do until I get home. I was definitely feeling nauseous, but I had no time to deal with it.

I grab all of my stuff and leave the tent. Charlie, Catherine and Lacey are seated at the picnic table with Poptarts.

"So, I gotta go." I announce walking over to them.

"We practically heard your mom from here." Lacey winces and bites into her Poptart.

"Charlie, where are my keys?" I ask since he was the last one to have them.

"They're in my and Nick's tent." He informs.

"K. Lace, are you okay to get a ride with one of them?" I felt bad that I had to leave her with them.

"Yep." She reassures me with a smile.

"I would be careful going into the tent. Nick is still asleep and tends to be a crabby hungover." Charlie warns me as I jog over to his tent.

"I don't give a shit. If I don't get home, my mom will kill me." I scoff.

Please have clothes on. Please have clothes on. I say as I crawl into his tent. I see an empty sleeping bag that was Charlie's. Next to it I see Nick sleeping on his left side, shirtless. Oh God. I didn't need to see him shirtless to know he has a tan complexion and muscles. But seeing the real deal was different. He has abs. Actual fucking abs! I am pretty sure I drooled.