26-for emily

A/N: Okay, I didn't cast anyone for Emily but I figured you all would want a face to the name so I chose Sabrina Carpenter.

Read on :)

- - - - - - - -

I all but jumped out of Nick's car when we arrived to my house. I didn't even wait for the car the come to a complete stop before opening the door. I didn't want to give him a chance to say something. I was done talking to him for now. I think I'm all talked out for a good year or so now.

I was upset, pissed and very drained. No wonder I never told anyone about Emily, it was exhausting and hard. Telling the story was like having it happen all over again. All I wanted to do now was hide underneath my covers for the rest of the day and tomorrow. Unfortunately, I knew I wasn't going to get my way.

I opened the door to my house and saw my parents and brothers sitting there with all eyes on me. Great. This day just got even more worse. Once again we were late to go to my grandparents house, and once again I was the cause. My family was all ready to go and here I was tear stained face, messy hair, crumpled clothes, and the scent of a sewer and trashcan mixed.

"I'll be down in fifteen." I mumble then walk upstairs to my room.

My room looked the same as it did last night before I charged out of here. The shirt and note were still laying on the bed, it looked like somoene moved them. I knew my mom was the one who did that. She probably came in here last night to check on me. Instead she found an empty bed and no kid insight.

I moved my gaze to my closet to find something decent to wear today. I chose a simple maroon t-shirt dress and a pair of black tights. I pick up my clothes then headed to the bathroom. The water felt good on my skin. Hell, it felt good just to brush my teeth. I showered in record time, the whole time I was trying my hardest to keep my mind from wandering to Emily but I failed miserably. I cried the entire time. My heart hurt so bad.

After my shower I went back to my room and sat down at my vanity to put some make-up on. Since my hair was wet I just through it into a side braid and went on with my appearance. I had dark circles under my eyes, they were puffy as well and red. If no one knew I had been crying they might have thought I was a pothead.

I was rolling my tube of mascara around when I heard my door open and my mom came in. She gave me a small smile then sat down on my bed.

"I'm almost done." I wince when my voice cracks.

"Take your time. Your dad and brothers already left. I told them we would leave when you were ready." Mom informs.

I nod. "Did you come up here to ground me?" I ask while applying some blush.

Mom furrows her brows in confusion, "Why would I ground you, Taylor?"

I let out a scoff, "You grounded me for breaking curfew, getting detention three times, lying about my grades and about drinking at a party. Then I came home hungover, just like today. So what's my punishment?" I ask annoyed.

Mom shifts on my bed and clears her throat. Here comes a lecture. "Actually, your dad and I talked. We aren't punishing you this time."

I frown, "Why? I deserve it. I left without telling you, went to a sketchy ass bar where I used a fake I.D. to buy alcohol. Then I spent the night at a random guys house. If those things don't deserve a long grounding then I don't know what does."

"You are right. Those things do qualify you to get grounded. But...we aren't doing it." Mom mentions.

"Why?" I whisper, knowing where this is going. "Don't not punish me because it's the anniversary of Emily's death."