15- can't catch a break

Just as my day was horrible, my night was equally bad. I went to bed relatively early but my body decided it had other plans. I spent my night throwing up, coughing and sneezing. I knew I didn't feel the best earlier in the day, I just assumed it was everything that happened that caused me to feel bad. Boy was I wrong.

My dad didn't hear me on any of my many trips to and from the bathroom. If he did he would have checked on me. Mom was at work, if she were home she would have definitely heard me. Her nurse/mother senses would have tingled. I wish she were home to take care of me. I felt like complete shit.

Morning came all too quickly. I maybe got a total of three hours of sleep. I was exhausted and didn't have the energy to get up out of bed. I was starting to feel queasy again so I jumped out of bed and darted out of my room and to the bathroom. Thankfully it was empty.
After I finished my buisness and brushed my teeth I was on my way back to my room only to be caught by my mom who just got home.

"Taylor, did you just throw up?" Mom asks with concern.

Okay Taylor act natural.

"Pshh...nooo." I replied, avoiding her stare. As soon as I said that I felt that feeling of needing to vomit again and dashed back to the bathroom.

Mom came to stand by the door that I didn't even bother closing, "You are sick."

"Maybe a little." I groan into the toilet. It had become my best friend.

"What's going on?" Dad says coming to stand by mom.

"Our daughter is sick. Too sick to go to school." Mom informs.

"Taylor is sick?" That was Carter.

"Yes. Tay, you are not going to school. Let's get you cleaned up so I can take you to the doctor." Mom tells me.

"Honey you just got home, I will take her. I was planning on working from home, anyways." Dad offers.

"Then who is going to take me to school, my chauffeur is sick." Carter chimes in. I would have gotten onto him for calling me his chauffeur but I had no energy for that.

"I will take you." Mom tells him.

I lift my head from the toilet, "Mom, dad I am fine. I can go to school and take Carter as well."

Mom comes closer to feel my head, "No way. You are burning up. The only place you are going is to the doctor. Carter go get ready." She orders. "Come on, sweetie, I will help you get cleaned up." Mom sighs.

I groan, "I can't miss school, I have a test that I studied all night for." Actually, I gave up studying right before my first round of puking. I was not ready for that test.

"You can make it up later." Dad says as he goes gets dressed.

Thirty minutes later, dad and I were in the car on the way to the doctor. Mom said she would call him from the car so we could get in right away. One of the perks of your mom working with doctors. Dad made me bring a bucket along in case I had the need to throw up again. I still felt really nauseous but not enough to need to throw up. I was also feeling quite stuffy and my head was pounding.

Mom texted me and told me to text her what I wanted from the store. I told her tissues and cough drops. She asked if I wanted any food but I knew with the way my stomach was acting, food was the last thing I wanted. Knowing my mom she will get me something special anyway.

"So, how do you think you got sick?" Dad randomly asks me.

"I don't know. It's the beginning of flu season. I go to school with four hundred other kids. One of them is bound to spread germs." I guess.