9- brothers

Xander and I were currently at Tyson's Bar and Grill to start off our day of hanging out. As soon as I got back home from cheer practice he ordered me to take a shower and change into casual clothes. At first I refused because I was tired but I quickly reminded myself that I don't get see him as often these days, so I ran upstairs to get cleaned up. We then hopped into his car and drove straight here.

Any time Xander had a break from school and came home, he always made time for Carter and I. He and Carter would play video games all night and he and I would have lunch at Tyson's then see where the day took us. It was nice that he a college guy still wanted to spend time with his younger siblings. The three of us had always been close, we use to hole up in the arcade when our parents took us to the mall. Or anytime we went to the lake I would find myself going a long with whatever Xander and Carter were doing. Just because I was a girl didn't mean I couldn't do the things they did.

I figured once we got older we would lose interest in one another but it never happened. That alone made my parents insanely happy. Although, they did have to break up a ton of our fights.

"You got home pretty late last night." Xander says after swallowing a bite of his hamburger.

Out of instinct I twist my bracelet around and my wrist which catches his eye. Damn it.

"It wasn't that late." I lie. The football game ended after eleven and I didn't return home until almost 2am.

"Mom said you were going to check on a friend." Xander reminds me.

"I did, they got banged up during the game, I wanted to make sure he was okay." That part was true.

"You mean the guy that Johnny kept tackling?" He has gotten smarter since starting college.

"Yep." I nod.

"I thought you and Johnny were broken up." Xander asks in confusion.

"I never told you that."

"Carter told me." He says.

That little shit.

"Did he tell you that he also has a crush on a girl?" I was hoping to rat him out.

Xander chuckles lightly, "He did. Penny is her name."

Sounds like those two did more talking that gaming last night.

"I'm thrilled you ended it, he was an ass." Xander frowns. I just laugh because it is so true.

"You keep playing with that it's going to break." He nods to my bracelet. I didn't realize that I was still playing with it.

Not wanting to break it, I immediately stop. I see that Xander is about to start a new conversation but I shake my head letting him know that I don't want to talk about it. He senses my discomfort and nods his head but gives me the same sad smile I got from everyone after everything happened.

"Hey, how about we go over to the pool table and play a few rounds, yeah?" He says instead.

"I am in." I say in relief.

Xander and I leave our booth laying some money on the table for the bill then walk over to one of the pool tables that became free.

Xander grabs two pool sticks off of the wall, "You are so going down, sis." He taunts, handing me a stick.

"I don't think so, the only good thing Johnny taught me was how to play pool. I think I've got a pretty decent chance at winning." I brag. I remember the summer nights Johnny and I would come here eat then play pool. I thought it was so hot when he taught me how to play.