23- other side

"It was nice of you all to come up here a week before Christmas, but I can pack up my room myself." Xander points out.

Carter and I were getting exhausted from all the studying we have for finals next week so we decided to take a drive up to Boston University and visit Xander. Since Xander finished his exams the previous week -lucky duck- he was packing up his room to come home for winter break.

"Don't be silly. We needed a day out of our rooms." I say sitting down on his bed.

"Yeah. Mom and dad practically lock us in our rooms once we get home from school." Carter mentions.

"Really?" Xander raises a brow in question.

I roll my eyes at my little brother's exaggerated statement. "He's kidding."

"They lock me up, not you. Taylor gets to leave the house and go see her boyfriend." Carter scoffs.

The word boyfriend makes Xander stop packing up his clothes and turns to me with a look of curiosity. "Boyfriend?"

"He isn't my boyfriend." I correct.

"You two have been getting close here lately." Carter says.

Xander sighs and comes to sit next to me on his bed, "Taylor, is he your boyfriend?"

"No. We are just friends." I mumble with disappointment.

The room goes quiet and I already know my brothers are trying to come up with the best to ask me the next question.

I look down at my bracelet, "He doesn't know." I answer their unasked questions.

"If you want to be with him then you need to tell him. Especially before he finds out from someone else." Xander advises.

"I know. I have no clue how to even begin to explain something like that to him." I say.

"I suggest you get hammered then tell him." Carter half jokes.

"Don't listen to the thirteen year old who has never had a relationship in his life." Xander comments. "If you think you will be able to tell him, then do it." The way he says it I know he's at a loss for the perfect big brother advice to give me. Xander has never been in the situation to need to tell someone something like this. He's only guessing.

The rest of our visit is spent helping Xander pack and then heading back home. On the way we stop at a restaurant that has the best apple pie. It's the one thing the three of us actually like. Instead of being in a hurry to rush back home we enjoy the drive back even if we are in two separate cars. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my brothers and with what is coming up it is nice to be able to have a good memory with them.

Finals week was tough for everyone. I spent my study sessions with Nick who asked me several times why I hadn't invited Lacey to study with us. In fact, a lot of his questions here lately were bordering on him knowing something. Anytime he would come close to figuring it out I would clam up and say that I needed to concentrate. His questions kept coming and they were getting harder to dodge.

Xander, Carter and I were currently at the mall doing some very last minute Christmas shopping. And by las minute I mean as in Christmas is two days away. I do tend to slack off on getting gifts for everyone but never this late.

I had already picked up things for my parents and Lacey, now was my brothers. I was debating on getting Nick something but since we didn't discuss anything I chose not to. I mean what would I get the guy? A huge tin of cotton candy? Nick did text me and ask if I wanted to help his wrap gifts for his family but I declined his offer. I wasn't in a good mood and if he asked the right question I was sure I would break.