19- taylor's world

Thanksgiving break came and went and we were now into the month of December. December wasn't a month I was particularly fond of for one reason. A reason that terrifies me to my bones, a reason I try to keep in. I used to love December and everything that came with it, things change or happen and your whole outlook is altered. Now, everything I loved about December is crushed by something that occured almost three years ago, it's hard to believe that it is coming up so quickly.

All of my thinking about this damn month was a distraction that came at the wrong damn time. I was in the middle of taking a History test when it hit me that it was December. Needless to say, I am pretty confident I failed the test. A test I had no reason to fail because it was an open book test, my mind has been everywhere except on the most important thing at the moment, school. I forsee another grounding in the near future for me.

Yay.

I left my History class highly upset and disappointed in myself. I usually try to not let certain thoughts pop into my head while at school. But these days it's too hard to shove those thoughts away. I arrived at my locker, putting in the combination, I threw my book and binder in there. I was slightly happy that it was now lunchtime.

"You ready for lunch?" Lacey asks coming up beside me.

I sigh.

Lacey sighs as well, "What's wrong?"

I give her a look thats says I don't want to talk about it. "Fine if you won't tell me then maybe a party this Saturday will cheer you up." She smiles.

A party would be the perfect thing to clear my mind, "Who is throwing the party?" I ask interested.

Lacey grins, she knows she has piqued my interest, "Jamie Brown. He says it is going to be amazing. You in?"

I lean against my locker, "I think a party should do just the trick." I smirk.

Lacey squeals, "Good. That party is three days away and I need you to feel better now. So how about instead of having lunch with me, you have lunch with Mr.Mysterious." She nods her head in the direction of where Nick is walking.

Here lately Nick has made several appearances in the school hallways. I have also seen him talk to a few random kids. I haven't gotten the chance to ask him about it but I am very intriged to know his reason behind this new development in Nick's life.

"Why do you think me having lunch with Nick will make me feel better?" I ask.

Lacey scoffs and rolls her green eyes, "That sentence right there is why. You practically lit up at the thought of having lunch with him. Go for it, Tay." Lacey encourages then pushes me towards Nick.

Nick stops dead in his tracks when he sees me get pushed right in front of him. "Cheerleader. What are you doing?" He asks confused.

I look around and see that everyone in the hall are staring at us. Wow, I have been in this exact same position before. This position is also something I was trying to avoid. Nick may be making himself present and known at this school now but how far was he willing to go. I bet by the end of lunch time a new rumor will be flying through the entire school. Taylor Croft and Nick Ross: A Couple?

I try my best to ignore all of the eyes suddenly on us and suck up the courage I have, "I was wondering if you and I could have lunch." I whisper. I didn't want anyone to hear our conversation.

Nick furrows his brows but a small smile soon takes over, "Sure. AV room in ten minutes?" I nod and head to the cafeteria to grab my food.

Normally when Nick and I have lunch together he is always in the AV room first, but today I beat him here. It makes me nervous that someone has gotten a hold of him, someone like Johnny. Even though he seems to have gotten the hint that I no longer want to be with him, every now and then I will catch him looking at me or giving me a wink. Plus Johnny is still unaware that it was Nick who beat him up all those months ago. If Johnny finds out then bye bye Nick.