47- batman & cheerleader

"This is where it all started for us, you know." Nick reminds me as we are standing in the exact same spot in the parking lot. All those months ago on one September night, Nick came out of the shadows and saved me from Johnny. Now here we are so many months later standing here with his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

We finished with graduation earlier in the day and Nick said we had to come back here because he forgot something. He lied. He didn't forget anything, he just wanted to get away from Tyson's where our family and friends were. I will admit the atmosphere had gotten thick and I was more than happy to agree when he asked if I wanted to leave.

"I didn't think you were one to reminisce." I said looking up at him.

He squeezed my shoulders. "I'm not. I just thought we could come here and see how far we've come since then. We are no longer high school kids. We are adults, babe." He says.

"I know. Scary." I reply.

Neither of us were thrilled about leaving high school. Nick and I weren't ready for the real world, and by that I mean we weren't ready to head to different colleges. That's how it worked out best. We both had different opinions on what college we wanted to go and it turns out, we got accepted into different ones so we have no choice but to separate. No I don't mean break up but we all know what happens in these situations. Usually someone cheats or the distance gets to you and you can't take it anymore so you break up.

I didn't want any of those things to happen, I can't help the thought that one of them might happen. Nick and I are in a great place, but college changes you and we can't predict the future. I wish I could though. I don't ever want to be without him. I love him.

"I'm scared Batman." I whisper holding him close to me as if he will suddenly float away.

Nick tightens his hold as well, "Me too, cheerleader."

And that was all we said. After Nick took me to other places that were special to us. Places like, his hideout and the place up on the hill with big tree where I hunted him down to let him know I was thankful for what he did. We went back to his house, quietly entering through the basement door and we had sex or I should say made love. The first time was quick, the second one was in the shower and was insanely passionate. The last one was slow and sensual. I won't even lie, I cried afterwards. Nick held me close throughout the entire time, I wish he hadn't because it made me fall even deeper if that was possible.

I've never been one to cry over a guy but Nick was the exception. He and I have been through a whole lot since September and all of those little memories we shared were clawing back into my mind and I wasn't ready to say goodbye. We still had the summer, all that did was remind us that our time was short and on a deadline. It sucked. I won't lie, I've considered going to the college he was going to but I knew it wouldn't be a smart decision. Nick and I need to grow into our own person and in order to do that we need to do it without the other around. He's been my rock for so long now and I need to learn to survive without him around me twenty-four seven. It will be hard, I think I can do it though.

——-

Summer flew by and soon it was time for us to say goodbye. It was difficult and I cried for days afterwards but did manage to pull myself together. We talked daily and even planned visits to see the other. Our breaks were spent rediscovering each other and our bodies. Nick and I stayed faithful to one another but the distance and not seeing the other as often was getting to us.

Like every one around us predicted, things got challenging and we started drifting further away. One of us would miss a few texts or phone calls and we started to think less about each other. Pretty soon we stopped contact all together. Our friends still talked and we still talked to them. Lacey went to college with me as did Logan, that was really hard because Nick and Logan were still best buds. Lacey and Logan stayed concrete aside from a few fights but my and Nicks relationship crumbled.