42- cabin fun

"You guys can have whatever room you want. Most have their own bathroom." Charlie announces once we are all inside the massive house.

The house is just as gorgeous as the outside. Couches, paintings, a kitchen full of stainless steel appliances. A set of stairs on each end so they lead up to the hallway. There are ten bedrooms and two separate bathrooms. There's a pool and jacuzzi, and a movie theater room.

"I think I'm gonna share a room with Logan." Lacey says as we walk up the stairs.

"I figured." I laugh.

"You sharing a room with Nick? If not Catherine needs a room buddy. And Phillip can stay with Nick. Those two get a long pretty well." She says.

"They do." I agree. "But I was maybe going to stay in a room with Nick." I mention.

Lacey stops in her tracks and turns to look at me. "Really. Have you two...you know?"

"No. I mean we've almost...but no." I shake my head.

"Huh. You haven't told me that." Lacey frowns.

"I know. I'm sorry. It's not something I wanted to tell you at school or in public. And I definitively didn't want to text it to you." I shrug.

"I totally understand. Just make sure you are ready. Okay?" She says giving me a hug.

"I will." I reassure her.

Lacey gives me one last smile then heads off to find Logan.

Nick comes up beside me with a questioning look. I shake my head and tell him we will talk once we are in the room. Nick nods but I know he is concerned.

Once we are inside, we set our stuff down and Nick crosses his arms over his chest waiting for me to talk.

I sigh, "I told Lacey I wanted to share a room with you. I didn't tell her that we almost..."

"Oh." Nick says. "She's upset that you didn't?"

"No. She was just a little shocked that I didn't tell her sooner. Lacey and I have always told each other every thing. And I know what we do is between us but Lacey is protective over me. She just wants me to be sure." I explain the best I can.

Nick doesn't speak for a while. I can't tell if he's mad that I share that much with Lacey. Or if he's just processing. Nick knows that Lacey and I are close, we've been through a lot. And we recently just started being more open about Emily. I don't want to shut her out because I have a boyfriend.

"You're mad." I mutter setting down on the bed.

Nick comes over to sit down next to me. "I'm not mad, Taylor. Girls talk just like guys do. I have no problem with you sharing with Lacey. But maybe don't share it all. I love you and I want there to be things that only you and I have."

My heart stops.

Did he just...

He didn't.

I look at Nick and he has a smile on his face.

He did.

Oh my gosh.

"You...you love me?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I guess I do." He says.

"Nick."

"You usually don't call me that. My name sounds so foreign coming from your lips. But it does something to me." He says. "I love you, Taylor and I don't care if we've only been together about two months. Hell, I think I've loved you ever since you came to thank me for saving you from Johnny. You were so determined to get me to accept it. You weren't afraid of me. I liked it." He tells me.