7- whiskey is better

The rest of the week went by in a dull blur. Full of teachers yapping about random events that happened before any of us were even born. Full of students gossiping about whatever piece of information they had heard in their previous class. Cheer practice went as usual, at least this time, I didn't get into trouble with Heather. Instead she complimented me on my quick learning of our new routines. Well she did give me some criticism, but it was taken well by me.

In case you were also wondering, I did finally get my Taco Bell. Only instead of not telling my parents that I was going to be getting food with Lacey, I told them. At first they weren't thrilled about me bending the rule of coming home right after cheer practice, but thirty pretty please texts later, they caved in. I did, however, have to do laundry when I got home. If you haven't already noticed, my parents like to add in chores to our punishment.

It was now Saturday, Lacey and I were currently at Tyson's enjoying a light lunch before heading off to an afternoon cheer practice. Heather told us last night after the game that she had a prior commitment that she couldn't get out of. That commitment being going to a relative's birthday party. So instead of giving us the day off, she chose to schedule practice for later in the day.

"What time did Heather say she would be back?" I ask Lacey before taking a bite of my salad.

"I think around four." Lacey replies.

"That's three hours from now." I say furrowing my brows.

"Sure is." Lacey nods.

I sigh, "What are we suppose to do until then?"

Lacey shrugs, "We can go to the mall." She suggests.

I know that if I go to the mall I will spend all the money I have which will earn another lecture from my parents about saving money. I got that conversation when they first gave me a debit card. Poor Carter will be getting that conversation soon.

Lacey and I finish eating while exchanging small talk. One thing I love about having Lacey as my bestie is that we never run out of things to talk about. Of course there is one conversation we always try to avoid. I look down at Lacey's wrist to see the infinity bracelet that is identical to mine. We both promised to never take them off.

"Logan?" Lacey suddenly says which shakes me from my thoughts.

I look behind us to see that it is indeed Logan, the guy that Lacey is currently hung up on.

"Did you invite him here?" I whisper. Lacey shakes her head no.

"He's coming over." She giggles.

I roll my eyes and put my head in my hands. I so thought she would of been over this guy by now. Its been what...two weeks?

"Hey Lacey." Logan greets with a slight wave when he reaches our table.

"Hi." Lacey blushes. Ugh. "Oh, I haven't officially introduced you to my bestie. Logan this is Taylor." Lacey introduces. Now he knows my name, thanks a lot Lacey.

"Nice to meet you." Logan looks in my direction.

I muster up a smile, "Back at ya."

"So, Logan, what are you doing here?" Lacey asks while playing with a strand of her hair. I may throw up in a minute.

"Some friends and I are watching a movie and we need some food." He explains. "What about you ladies?"

"We are killing time before cheer practice." Lacey answers.

"Dude! I could use your help!" A voice I know too well shouts to Logan.

I turn around to see that it is indeed Nick.