20-bat-cave

The fight between Nick and Johnny ended when I made Phillip get in between them to break it up. Both boys had bloody faces and knuckles. Johnny looked absolutely furious and Nick looked like he knew why Johnny did what he did and that reason was me.

Johnny stomped away from the crowd but before he could make his dramatic exit he gave me a stone cold gaze. Nick stood there for a few seconds then charged out of the room in the direction of the front door. I being the idiot chased after him but he refused to stop and hear me out. He walked to his car, got in and left without so much as a simple look.

Lacey and Phillip followed me outside, they tried to get me to tell them what the hell just happened but I didn't say anything. I was in shock from what just happened. Lacey knew me well enough to know that I wanted to go home so on the way out to check on me she grabbed my coat. Before leaving she and Phillip made me promise to let them know I was home safely.

I got zero sleep that night. I kept replaying what happened in my head and what I could have done to stop it from happening in the first place. The best solution I came up with was not inviting Nick to be my date to the party. That or not even having a conversation with him at all. Either way, what went down last night was all my fault and I needed to apologize to Nick. He deserved that much.

I had a plan to get in touch with him Sunday morning but my parents had other plans for me. My grandparents requested that Carter and I spend the day with them playing Bingo at the Senior Center. I normally enjoy those days but I didn't today. My mind was solely on Nick Ross. I sent him a few texts but he never responded, he didn't even read them. The thought of him no longer speaking to me made my stomach and heart drop.

When Carter and I returned at 4:30 that evening I told my parents that I needed to go visit a friend. They were suspicious at first but gave me permission to go. I went upstairs to my room to fix my hair and make-up. I was wearing a beanie but I needed to fix my braid since it had loosened from the day. I did a once over look in the mirror making sure my outfit looked decent. A long sleeve, jeans and pair of UGGs, perfect for this snowy day.

I was about to leave my room when I suddenly remembered that I had no clue where Nick lived. Well, this was a fail so far. I quickly thought of a way to get his number and Charlie Barron popped into my mind. Charlie and I exchanged numbers while we were camping but I haven't felt the need to contact him until now. And since Nick isn't responding to my texts I figured Charlie was the next best thing.

I sent Charlie a text asking for Nick's address and he almost instantly sent me a text back with Nick's address. I sent back a thank you and he sent me a good luck text. I was sure Charlie was aware of what happened last night but the only person I wanted to talk to about it at the moment was Nick.

Once I got in my car I put Nick's address into the GPS app on my phone and started the route.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived to my destination. A two story gray brick house with a white picket fence and a two car garage. In the driveway I noticed Nick's Jeep, that meant he was home. I parked my car on the side of the street and took several calming breaths. I was nervous and scared. I haven't met any of his family, they seemed nice according to the stories Nick has told me but how would they react to someone who got their son beat up.

I grabbed my keys from the egnition and my phone and slowly walked through the two inches of snow to the front door of the Ross house. The house looked homey and cozy. The Christmas lights and decorations only added to the picture perfect house. I finally made it up the three steps that led to the front door and knocked on the brown door a few times. Hopefully loud enough for someone to hear.

A guy who looked to be in his mid forties answered the door. The guy looked exactly like Nick. Warm hazel eyes and dark brown hair. "Hi. Can I help you?" He asked politely.