A heavy sadness

Sometimes when it hurts so bad, the pain just stoppes...
Everything becomes quiet just for a moment. It feels like you just stopped feeling...

But then the pain comes back, I now that now.
All the feelings becomes overwhelming, your lungs can't get enough oxygen.

"we are going to say goodbye now"

I've never seen the chief, Stoick the Vast, that sweet and caring. But he knows what I'm going through, losing.

My simple nod is a good enough replace for an actual answer.

He takes my tiny bitty hand in his and walks me outside. Into all the whispers.

"Poor girl"

"What's gonna happen to her now"

"She's going to end up like a street kid"

I can worry about the whispers tomorrow, today I'm going to survive.

I stand on the deck with the rest of the village all with an sad face looking down. They can't even look at me. They ignore me like my bad luck could rub of on them.

"We are gathered here today to say goodbye to Herlief Thorpe Hofferson and Erica Siv Hofferson, they were loved from the day they came to this town" Stoick began, his eyes shifted from looking at my small pale face to look at the burning ship.

"They died protecting what they loved and cared for the most. Their love and strength will forever be with us. May we meet again in Valhalla old friend, Sister, Brother, Protector, Father"
That's how the Viking funeral of my parents ends...

11 years later
"Astrid?"

"Do I know you?"

"You don't remember me?"

"Sorry you must be mistaken me with someone else"

These conversations do I have a lot. People who thinks or pretends that they know me. But they don't know the slightest about me.

"You're Erica's daughter"

"And?"

Okay I'm walking away I don't need another family member in my life who I have to provide for.

"I'm her sister Helle, I-we I, ehm, You visited me a lot when you were younger"

I stopped...

"That doesn't change the fact that I don't really know you" I say looking at her with an ice cold glare.

"But you can, I would love to get to know you, again" Helle steps forwards looking at me with hope splattered all over her face.

"You grown so much..." and there is that exact sentence that everybody says.

"Yeah I have" I answer.

"And I'm a lot older now than when my parents died, I've learned so much, I've grew up. So I don't need you"  and with that I turned around and started walking, but I didn't get to take many steps before:

"Wait! I know this is late, I should have been there for you ten years ago, whe-when your parents died..."

And with that sentence everything came back to me...

Every word,

"Astrid run!"
"Astrid go!"
"I love you"

Every hurt,

The sound of a shot ran in my ear, the sound made it's way through my wains like electric shots, it ripped my lungs, froze my blood and as it finales made it's way to my heart and broke it. It broke it.

Every moment.

And in less than a second was my parents laying there, dead. I ran down and fell to my knees. I shook them.

"Wake up daddy, mommy come on... dad it's not funny anymore, mom please... please! Wake up, I need you, I love you" 

"I know your past defines you, but you have to forget the past so you won't miss the future" Helle puts her hand on my shoulder.

"It made me who I am" I say, for once I'm not shutting anybody out, for once I'm letting go, for once I lay down my amor.

"This is who I am" i turn around " I am unseen, unheard, unwanted... that is what I am, if even I am anything. I fell deep that day, trapped in misery. Nothing was how it was suppose to be!"

After that there was just silence...

"I couldn't go though all that alone" I brake the silence taking steppes back with my eyes meeting hers.

"But I had to"

She looked devastated, she looked helpless. Just like a little me, 6 years ago.

And I walked away, leaving Helle.

And that was the first time I talk about my parents after they died.

Nos vemos,

Zeph💕