Talking To Draco (Harry Potter)

Carolina was laughing with Luna at a joke Clodagh told them, Cata rolling her eyes when they heard commotion.

They turned and gasped when they saw Mr. Filch dragging Draco with him.

"Draco?!" they whispered to each other.

Clodagh pressed her lips together, arching an eyebrow.

What was he doing here?

He said he couldn't be her plus 1 for the party that Professor Slughorn set so, why?

Professor Snape walked up to him.

"I'll escort him out."

Carolina looked at Draco as he got out of Mr

Carolina looked at Draco as he got out of Mr. Filch's grip.

Cata gulped as she looked at the Slytherin

This wasn't her best friend.

"Certainly, Professor."

When they exited the party, Carolina shared one look with the girls

"Moon-"

"It's ok, go."

She smiled, kissing her girlfriend before leaving with the Gryffindor and the Hufflepuff.

X

"You're afraid Draco. You hide it but it's obvious. Let me help you."

Draco glared at his professor.

"No! He chose me! This is my moment!"

He wouldn't hear it from someone who couldn't possibly understand him that he was afraid.

He only would hear it from someone who understood him.

"Draco?"

He turned to see the girls, looking worriedly at him.

Professor Snape lets go of him and turns to leave.

"Girls, uh..."

They all ran towards him, engulfing him in a huge hug.

"We need to talk."

X

The group of friends were at the Hufflepuff Common Room for a change, sitting near the fire.

Carolina had gone back to the party to tell Luna she was going to the Hufflepuff Common Room and she immediately wanted to come with.

So, Luna was in Carolina's arms, thankfully asleep seeing as Draco wouldn't talk around the Ravenclaw's girlfriend.

"What's going on Draco? You haven't been yourself lately around us. You've become...depressed." Carolina says softly, looking at the boy.

"I-I can't really tell you girls. I desperately want to but...I can't."

"Why?" Clodagh asks, brushing his locks of hair.

He looks to the Gryffindor, pressing his lips together.

"It could get you girls killed."

The Hufflepuff frowned, looking down.

"Ok, then tell us how you feel about this 'thing' that if you told us about it, it could kill us?"

He hesitated, looking down.

"Um..."

"Take your time Draco, it's okay." Cata assured him, holding his hand.

He bit his lip.

"I feel so tired and angry about it everyday, it drains all my energy and I find myself not being able to smile as much anymore. It's fucking painful."

Clodagh hugged the boy when he started to shake.

"And the worst part is that I can't do anything to stop it! I want to stop it but..."

He broke down sobbing letting the truth slip out.

"I'm scared."

The girls hugged him, letting him sob.

They felt horrible that they couldn't help him and all they could do was comfort him while he cried.

Clodagh suddenly choked, causing everyone to turn to her, eyes widening as tears of her own streamed down.

"L-Lilac?"

"S-Sorry...it's just..."

She sniffed, sighing.

"I hate that we can't help you. We want to protect you from this 'thing' that's causing you so much stress but we can't."

Draco pulled her into his lap, hugging her tightly.

"You guys already are by talking to me."

She hugged him, burying her face into his chest, letting out a shaky breath.

Carolina picked up Luna, laying her on the couch, kissing her forehead.

She went back to sit next to Draco, waving her wand to make blankets and pillows appear.

She laid her head on his shoulder, sleep winning over.

Cata found herself doing the same thing, wrapping her arm around his.

Draco and Clodagh fell asleep shortly after that, Draco's head laying on top of Carolina's head.

And for the first time in a LONG time...

He let out a smile.

(Sappiness overload! Stay tuned! Bye my lovelies!)