An Uncomfortable Lunch

Draco sat uncomfortably in the chair at the table where everyone was having lunch.

It didn't help that there was a pair of brown eyes staring intensely at him like he was going to insult them.

The old Draco might have but, he and Carolina were best friends, siblings almost, and he would NEVER insult her or her family in their home.

That might become his since he was no longer safe at his old home.

Carolina noticed his uncomfort and squeezed his hand, giving him a reassuring smile.

He hesitated before smiling back, trying to relax.

"So,"

Carolina looked up at her father, gripping Draco's hand under the table as he shrunk at the Hispanic man's gaze.

"You're a friend of Carolina's?"

Draco gulped, almost visibly shaking.

"Yeah, I guess." He says, causing Carolina to break out in a full-on grin.

"Best friends actually," Carolina says, causing a smile to appear on the Gryffindor.

"When did you guys meet?" Cata asked, smiling at the blonde, stuffing a forkful of food in her mouth, her mother telling her to calm down.

"Before we were sorted, isn't that right Dragon?" Carolina says, grinning.

Draco nodded, trying not to remember the utter disappointment he felt when he was placed in Gryffindor.

"What did you think you were going to be placed in?" Carolina's mother asked, smiling gently.

Carolina chuckled, remembering.

"Gryffindor to be honest. I heard a lot about that house from Ron on the train to Hogwarts so, I was hoping for that. But, honestly, I'm kinda glad I wasn't put in Gryffindor and instead was put in Ravenclaw."

"I mean, you are kind of an annoying brat when you're acting like a know-it-all Raven." Draco teased, only for the table to become silent, shock written on their faces.

To their utter shock, Carolina just rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Whatever Dragon, you're just jealous I'm smarter than you."

Draco scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"What about you Draco, what did you think you were going to get?" her father asked, causing Draco to tense, Carolina glaring at her father.

"Uh..um...Slytherin," he says, gulping.

Carolina's mother froze, the spoon she was reaching for her mouth stopping, Carolina's father frowning.

Draco tensed, looking down.

He should have expected it, knowing that the Rojas family now knew the Weasley family.

"Wasn't the one who killed Harry's parents in Slytherin? From what you told us Carolina?" her father asked, causing Carolina to roll her eyes.

"So Slytherin House is known for making most witches and wizards turn to the dark side, who CARES?! I honestly think Cata would be a Slytherin if she wasn't a muggle-born."

Cata rolled her eyes.

"You keep saying that ever since you came home from Britain, and I'm telling you I don't think so. I'm going to be in Gryffindor."

Draco gulped, wanting to leave.

"Isn't his father-"

There was scraping of a chair, causing Carolina's father to shut up.

Carolina was standing up, a perfect, emotionless stare at her father.

"You of all people should know not to judge people just because of their parents."

She grabbed Draco's hand, dragging him out of his chair and ran outside with him following behind.

He could hear her crying quietly, wiping her tears from her face.

"He just doesn't get it you know? He was against me going to Hogwarts when I got the letter because of me being gay. He didn't want a repeat of what happened before Hogwarts."

Draco frowned.

"But, I'm pretty sure once you're ready to come out fully, the students in Hogwarts will accept you. Britain is different than the US Raven."

Carolina looked to Draco, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I know that Dragon, but I'm still scared."

"I'd be surprised if you weren't."

Carolina smiled at him before pulling him into a hug, choking out her sobs.

He hugged her back, stroking her hair.

At the door, Carolina's mother and father watched them, her mother smiling.

"Are you sure we can trust this boy?" her father asked, causing her mother to roll her eyes.

"Watch for a bit longer and you'll have your answer."

Her father returned his gaze at the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, who had now broken apart their hug.

Draco wiped her tears and kissed her forehead, causing Carolina to laugh.

"Well?"

Her father sighed.

"I suppose we can. After all, Carolina's right. You can't judge someone for the actions of their mother or father."

Her mother smiled before calling them inside.

"Carolina! Draco! Come back inside! Time to go to bed!"

Draco widened his eyes as Carolina cheered, jumping up and down, hugging Draco again.

They just became roommates for the following of their Hogwarts years.

(And here's another! Stay tuned! Bye my lovelies!)