The Cruciatus Curse

Cata was walking behind Neville, looking around for the Prophecy.

She couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen soon and Neville could notice that by seeing the worry in his girlfriend's light chocolate brown eyes.

"Sunshine, are you okay?" he asked, causing Cata to look at him, smiling softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine Nev, just worried." She assured him, continuing to look for it, both of them now catching up with the rest of the group.

"Harry found it," Carolina whispered to her sister, nodding towards the Boy Who Lived.

Cata nodded, smiling at her older sister.

Clodagh froze, turning around, her wand in her hand.

"Lilac? What's wrong?" Carolina asked, looking around, suddenly pushing Luna behind her, causing Luna to blush since they called their relationship off because of Umbridge.

She knew it was just a force of habit but, she still hoped there was still some meaning to her suddenly protecting her like she was Carolina's lifestone.

"You should learn to decipher which are visions and which are not." A cold, menacing voice says from the darkness.

Team C and the Golden Trio immediately recognized the voice, Team C growling, their teeth bared.

Of course, it was Lucius Malfoy appearing, smirking.

"Now Potter, hand over the prophecy."

Cata had her wand raised, standing next to Neville, her eyes holding that glare.

"Do anything and I'll break it." Harry threatened, causing Carolina to smirk.

A cackle was heard, only to reveal Bellatrix Lestrange walking up to Lucius.

Cata felt Neville freeze, which added fuel to her overbearing anger, her hiss slowly being heard.

"He knows how to play!" she laughed, pointing at Harry.

"Eniey, bitty, baby."

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville says, his voice strong now, pushing Cata behind him.

"Neville Longbottom. How's Mummy and Daddy doing? They're doing alright?"

Cata let out a loud cat-like hiss, baring her teeth at the woman who tortured Neville's parents into insanity.

"They will be, once they've known I avenged them." Neville snarled, stepping towards her when Harry put his arm out, stopping him.

" Neville snarled, stepping towards her when Harry put his arm out, stopping him

The minute Bellatrix raised her wand at him, Cata drew her wand to her, glaring at her.

"Try it." She snarled, her Spanish accent showing strongly all of the sudden, but she ignored it, already knowing that it appeared only when she was furious.

Bellatrix only smirked at the Hufflepuff, making Cata tense for a second.

What on earth was she planning?

X

Cata and Neville were back to back, yelling out defensive spells at the Death Eaters attacking the couple.

They had bruises and cuts over their faces but they didn't care.

"STUPEFY!" Cata shrieked, causing the Death Eater to vanish before the spell hit them.

She turned to Neville, grinning at him, causing him to break out in that smile she loved where his two front teeth showed completely.

Well, the smiles lasted only for a few seconds before they turned to see Bellatrix had appeared.

Before they could even yell out any spells, Bellatrix pointed her wand at Cata and screamed;

"CRUCIO!"

Neville froze when the word came out of the Death Eater's mouth, turning to see Cata now screaming, curling up on the floor, tears running down her cheeks.

"NO! STUPEFY!"

Bellatrix vanished, cackling.

Neville went to Cata, cradling her, the screaming now has stopped as the spell had left but, the after-effects were kicking in, causing her to shake and sob, burying her head in Neville's chest.

He picked her up, running towards the group.

Carolina noticed them and gasped when she saw Cata being carried by Neville.

She rushed towards them, Luna following her from behind, also worried for the Hufflepuff who seemed to be trembling.

"Wh-"

"Bellatrix," Neville growled.

"She casted the Cruciatus Curse on her."

Carolina looked up to meet Neville's eyes, her mouth dropped open.

"WHAT?!" she yelled, her hair turning bright red.

"Carebear, come on, let's go back to the others. Neville can take care of her. I don't think she needs your yelling." Luna says, catching the attention of her ex.

She narrowed her eyes before sighing.

"Fine Lovegood, I'll go."

Luna flinched at how cold she addressed her but she didn't complain.

She was the one who ended their relationship.

"Take care of her Neville."

"Don't worry, I will."

Carolina nodded before running off, with Luna following behind her.

"N-Neville?"

He looked to see Cata had stopped crying, the shaking calming down a bit.

"Yeah, Sunshine?"

She didn't say anything but kissed him, causing her to calm down completely.

Because to her, he was the protection charm against the torturing one.

(The second oneshot I wrote for Cata's B-day! Stay tuned! Bye my lovelies!)