Being a Freak And 'Sick' (Harry Potter)

Prompt: In which everything is the same except for one major detail; Draco's in Gryffindor. And this leads to him being basically 'disowned' by his father so he spends the summer at the Rojas household.

~~~~~~~~

"So, what can we have for a snack?" Carolina murmured to herself, going through the fridge.

1st year had finished and it was now the first week of Summer vacation, and Carolina was already bored.

Normally around this time she would be running around with either the Trio on some crazy adventure or with Draco, hanging out by the Black Lake.

She heard a thump, causing her to turn to the living room, her eyebrows furrowing.

She walked towards the living room, closing the fridge, jumping in shock when she saw what- or who was in the fireplace.

It was Draco, his head bowed down.

"Dragon?! What're you doing here?! You're not supposed to be using magic outside of school!" Carolina yelped, helping him out of the fireplace when he hugged her, gripping onto her back tightly.

She widened her eyes when he started shaking, quiet sobs being heard.

She immediately hugged him back, stroking his hair that looked like it haven't been fixed for a couple days now.

"Gordis?"

Carolina looked up, seeing her mother with her little sister staring at them, which caused her to press her lips together.

"What happened Dragon?" Carolina asked Draco, looking at him again.

He didn't answer.

"Draco?"

"My father...he uh-"

Draco looked at her, his eyes red from crying.

"What Draco, what did he do?" Carolina hissed, her eyes now shining with anger.

"He...said I wasn't his son anymore and-"

"W-What?! But why?!"

Draco looked down.

"Because I wasn't placed in Slytherin."

Carolina gritted her teeth, anger showing.

However, she exhaled, deciding to remain calm, knowing that it won't help to yell and shout.

"Did you come packed?" she asked, looking up to her mother who nodded, signaling that she heard everything.

Draco flushed red, looking towards two suitcases in the fireplace, one for Hogwarts and one for home.

"It's okay. We have room. Here, I'll show you to the guest room."

X

Draco never thought he would be sitting on a double bed that belonged in a muggle home.

He was raised up to insult and belittle muggle-borns and halfbloods, to believe that being pureblood was a privilege.

And now....he's probably going to have to live in a house with Muggles.

He heard a meow, causing him to turn to see a brown kitten, looking at him.