Meeting Draco Malfoy (Book Version) [Harry Potter]

Carolina was talking to Harry and Ron when the compartment door opened, revealing three boys.

Carolina immediately locked eyes with the platinum blonde haired boy, curiosity in her eyes.

"Is it true? They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?"

"Yes." Harry replied, an uneasiness that Carolina noticed.

"Oh this is Crabbe, and this is Goyle." The boy says, motioning towards the boys.

"And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Ron sniggered.

Carolina glared at him, nudging him.

"Don't laugh." she hissed, making sure that the boy didn't over-hear her.

"Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford."

Draco then looked towards Carolina, raising his eyebrow, a bit disgusted by her presence.

Carolina noticed but said nothing.

"And, you are?"

She lets out a polite smile, catching Draco off guard.

(Ignore my grandma that I'm holding onto in this old picture. Those are the clothes I'm wearing on the train by the way.)

"Carolina Rojas

"Carolina Rojas. I'm from the US." she chirped, smiling.

Draco noticed her braces.

"A muggle-born are we?" he asked, curiosity in his voice.

"Yup! My parents and hermanita were surprised when I got the letter but, the look on their faces!"

She shook her head, smiling.

"Proudest they ever looked in their entire lives!"

"You hear that Malfoy?" The boy standing next to Malfoy says, smirking at her. "She's a Mexican m-"

"I know Crabbe." snapped Malfoy causing Carolina to raise her eyebrow.

Did Malfoy stop Crabbe from insulting her?

Well, kind of?

"I'm NOT Mexican." she says, her voice dangerously sweet, causing Crabbe to shrink. "I'm Floridian-Colombian."

"Anyways," Draco says turning to Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others Potter." He says, pointedly looking at Ron. "You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

He held out his hand, causing Carolina to frown as she looked at Harry.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." he says, causing Carolina to widen her eyes.