FREAK (Harry Potter)

Carolina walked into Professor Umbridge's office, wrinkling her nose as pink immediately attacked her eyes.

"Miss Rojas, please take a seat." Umbridge says, smiling.

However, Carolina knew a fake smile anywhere.

She's had it on since the day Umbridge called her out for being a 'sick, twisted, homosexual'.

She sat down where a piece of parchment was placed in front of her, a feather laying next to it.

"You'll be writing 'FREAK' in that piece of parchment until it sinks in."

Carolina rolled her eyes, grabbing the feather.

"And where's the ink for the feather Professor?"

"You won't need any ink Miss Rojas."

Carolina sighed, writing it down.

She felt a stinging sensation on her right hand but she ignored it, figuring it probably fell asleep.

However, the pain got to her, causing her to look at her right hand.

She never felt the need to protect her emotions so quickly than she had in all her life.

The word 'FREAK' was carved into her hand, causing it swell up.

She darted her eyes towards the parchment and she felt the need to throw up.

The word was written on it, but in her BLOOD.

She squared her jaw, continuing to write, ignoring the pain.

She wasn't going to let a homophobic bitch have the satisfaction of watching her break down.

X

She was rubbing her right palm, her head lowered, tears forming in her eyes.

She sighed as she walked to the Fat Lady, murmuring the password to meet her friends.

As she walked in, she saw Hermione fussing over Harry's hand and she knew...

He had also gotten the punishment.

When he looked up to meet her gaze, his eyes landed on the hand she was rubbing and he frowned.

"RAVEN!"

Carolina turned to see Clodagh rush up to her, frowning.

"I heard you got detention from Umbridge! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Clodagh, she just had me writing down lines."

Clodagh darted her eyes down to her hand, narrowing them.

"What happened to your hand?"

Carolina paled and tried to hide it behind her back but Clodagh grabbed her hand.

Carolina never saw Clodagh turn so bright red before.

"Did.She.Do.This.To.You?"

Carolina's silence was all Clodagh needed.

"I'm going to kill that woman." She muttered.

"Clodagh please don't tell anyone about this." Carolina begged, but Clodagh didn't listen.

"HOW CAN A TEACHER TORTURE THEIR OWN STUDENT?! AND NOT JUST PHYSICALLY, NO, EMOTIONALLY AS WELL!" she screamed, causing the Common Room to go silent.

"Clodagh, be quiet." Carolina hissed, but Clodagh didn't want to.

"SHE CALLS YOU A 'FREAK' CAROLINA!"

That caused multiple gasps from the Common Room, making Carolina bite her lip.

"I'm telling Draco." Clodagh muttered, leaving.

"Clodagh no! Don't drag Dragon into this! He's going to freak!" Carolina yelped, trailing behind her.

X

Clodagh was storming down to the dungeons, where the Slytherin Common Room was.

"Clodagh Brennalyn, don't you DARE tell Draco about this. I don't want him freaking out over some homophobic ass."

"THAT'S HIS JOB! IT'S HIS JOB TO WORRY ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF!"

"Worry about what?"

Carolina froze when she saw Draco, the Inquisitorial Squad badge on his robes.

Clodagh grabbed Carolina's right hand and showed it to Draco, an angry fire in her eyes.

Carolina gulped as Draco's eyes widened, his mouth dropping.

He grabbed her hand, his fingers brushing through the carved words.

"Who?"

"Umbridge." Clodagh growled, causing Carolina to glare at her.

Draco growled, looking up to meet Carolina's eyes.

"My father will hear about this."

Carolina couldn't hold back the eye roll, glaring at Clodagh.

"Hear about what?"

Everyone turned to see Cata rubbing her eyes.

Draco showed Carolina's hand to Cata, who, surprisingly calmly walked up towards her hand, stroking it softly.

She looked up to show her left hand, causing Carolina to widen her eyes, her mouth dropping.

TROLL.

"I called her out during Divination class the other day. Poor Professor Trelawney, she looked like she was going to cry."

"Oh, Cata..." Carolina muttered, stroking the fading scars on her sister's hand.

She then remembered Neville storming past her on her way to Charms class yesterday, which confused her because they both have the same schedule.

"Did Neville by any chance knew about this before us?"

Cata smiled sheepishly.

"I had no choice, he saw through my bluff when I told him that my hand was fine. It infuriated him, knowing that blasted woman hurt me."

"Of course it would, you're his girlfriend for Merlin's sakes!" Clodagh says, frowning.

Cata flushed red at the word 'girlfriend'.

She still wasn't quite used to be calling Neville's girlfriend.

"I told him not to worry about it, I could always go to Madam Pomfrey to get it fixed but he wouldn't listen."

"He just wants to protect you Cata. It's different when someone belittles you but hurting someone you care about and love?"

Carolina shook her head.

"I'm just glad Luna didn't get the punishment, though, she's going to fret over it when I show it to her. Honestly, I wasn't going to pay mind to writing 'FREAK' over and over again until I realized that my hand would also be affected."

The group was then filled with an uncomfortable silence before Clodagh says:

"Well, I'm going back to my Common Room. Night guys."

They all said their goodnights, separating to their own house's Common Room.

(I was bored. Stay tuned! Bye my lovelies!)