Carefree

I thought about all the guys I once loved. Samuel was one of them. Matt was just a plain crush and Asher was too. I never dated anyone after Sam. We were together for a year and a half.

I couldn't forget about him. He broke my heart into pieces. That's why I'm scared to date anyone. Darren is a different story. A vampire who has me as their mate. WONDERFUL!

I was getting ready to go see Sam's mom. I hadn't seen her since we were dating. She hated me and thought her son could do better. But what the hell, I'm going to see her on her death bed.

I put on a pink sun dress, black sandals, and a little bit of makeup. I walked out of my room and waited. Yesterday was pretty weird, well when I asked Darren was there a way not to be mates.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a horn from outside. Sam. I walked outside and locked the door.

I got in the car and looked at sam who wasn't looking at my face but other places. "Sam" I hissed and he blushed.

"Sorry- um you look beautiful today" He said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Thank you, your not to bad yourself." He smiled and continued to drive to his mom's house.

The drive was quite. Me on my phone texting Izzy and Sam driving. We finally pulled up to the house and got out of the car.

Sam unlocked the door with his key. His dad was sitting on the couch with his mom. Sam coughed making his parents look at us.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Harper. " I said and his father sat up.

"Nice to see you again Anna" I smiled at him and heard someone coming down the stairs. CARTER!

"OMG ANNA" I ran and hugged him tight. Carter started to jump up and down. "I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD EVER SEE YOU AGAIN. " I laughed.

"WELL YOU DO" Carter twirled me around.

"You look beautiful" we both blushed. Sam coughed and Carter glared at him.

"Thanks and how have you been?" He laughed.

"Great , what about you?!" We both laughed.

"My life is hell right now" I shook my head laughing. So did he.

"I would hate to ruin this family reunion but she's not here to see you Carter, she's here to see mom." Sam said and Carter rolled his eyes.

Carter was Sam's brother and we use to like each other. When I broke up with Sam we could never talk so we drifted apart.

"Sorry, How are you Mrs.Harper" I asked but she just shook her head.

"Sick, not dead yet but you never know. I just wanted to tell you don't break my boys heart again. " I was taken backk by her words. I didn't break his heart he broke mine!

"With all do respect, I didn't do anything to your son" I saw Carter just as confused as I was.

"TREAT HIM RIGHT!" she yelled at me. I took a few steps back and turned to Sam. He looked at his mom with hate.

"I need to get home." I walked past Sam and out the house. I started to walk home as Tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Anna!" I heard Sam's voice but kept walking. I finally stopped once he ran in front of me. "Listen I didn't know she was going to say that. I thought she was going to say sorry." I looked at him.

My phone rung, it was Darren. I wiped away the tears and answered it.

"yeah" I tried to make it seem like I wasn't crying.