The truth

I felt like we laid in bed forever not saying any thing to each other. I understand why and I knew what Jasmine was thinking about. Dad. The person that was both on our minds

Finally she spoke up.

"I really don't remember James" she sighed. She was only 6 years old when James left. He was 14 and I was 11. He left to go stay with my Aunt because of what my dad did to him. Our dad.

"Yeah I know......you were little when he left." I said thinking of all the memories we shared.

"What is he like" She sat up and looked at me, I did the same.

"Well he's a really nice guy, annoying at times but never deserved what dad did to him." I shook my head.

"What did he do" I started to cry and I could see she did too.

"What he does to us when he's mad but much worse. He never wanted a son and beat James for that. Trust me, he has the scars to prove it." I sobbed.

I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my tears and looked at Jasmine.

She nodded her head at me.

"Come in" I said trying not to sound like I was crying. To my surprise Will came in.

"Hey, I um..heard you....errm..crying so I came to check on you" I smiled at him.

"I'm fine just talking to Jasmine. Where's the other guys by the way?" I simply asked him.

"They uh went to go get..erm....." he looked at Jasmine but back too me. "Pizza." he rushed out of his mouth but I knew what he meant.

"Shouldn't you be getting the 'pizza' with them" He sighed and rubbed his stomach.

"I just ate 'pizza'" I ran my hand through my hair and looked at Will.

"Thats nice" I laughed a little and so did he.

"Well I gotta go...Darren would kill me if he knew I was in here...with you....but yeah so....erm bye" He walked out.

Jasmine and I soon fell asleep when he left.

............................................................................................

I just made it home from school and I was hungry. I saw Jasmine sitting on the counter eating a sandwich. It's been 2 weeks since we were at Darren's.

"What are you doing tonight?" Jasmine asked as I was making my own sandwich.

"Uh well... it's friday so idk. I really want time to myself. " I said. I was telling the truth, I really didn't want to be bothered.

I ate my sandwich and headed upstairs. I sat on my bed and got my laptop. I went on youtube and watched some vines.

After about an hour of watching vine the doorbell rung. I walked down stairs and looked at Jasmine who was watching Mean Girls.

She shrugged and I opened the door. It was Darren. He had on black skinny jeans, black converse, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

"Does everything you wear have to be black?" he smirked and made his way in the house.

"Hi Darren" Jasmine said smiling. He smiled back and waved.

"What brings you here?" I said sitting next to Darren on the couch.

"What? I can't come and see you?" he said wrapping his arm around me. I scooted away and looked at him.

"What do you want?" He started to laugh.