Dinner Party

I woke up from the sun beaming in my face. I tried to get up but I felt a pair of hands pull me back down.

"Stay" Darren mumbled and pulled me closer. My phone started to ring. Darren let me go and I got my phone.

"Hey hun" it was my mom.

"Hey, sorry I slep over a friends house." I blushed thinking of last night.

"Oh, well come home because we are having dinner with um-" I got a little suspicious.

"Mom who" I raised my tone a little. Darren noticed me getting upset and sat up. My mom cleared her throat.

"The Harpers." My eyes widened. I sighed and hung up the phone.

"Let me guess, Sam is going to be there" I smiled weakly and nodded.

I put my tank back on and a pair of hands grabbed me from behind. I turned to face Darrens chocolate brown eyes. He kissed me.

I soon pulled away. I rested my head on his chest.

"Your different" I whispered into his chest not hearing a heartbeat.

"You are too." he mumbled in my hair. He pulled away and put me on his back. In a bink of an eye I was in front of my house.

My mom must have noticed us outside and came out. I sighed.

"Hey sweetheart I see you have brought a guest" I looked at Darren who was trying to hold in a laugh.

"Mom he was just leaving" My mom pushed me out the way and moved over to Darren.

"Nonsense. Son you stay if you like. Hopefully I will be able to soon call you son." I face palmed and pulled my mom away.

"I really have to go but maybe I will stop by next time." My mom nodded.

"Are you free tonight, we are having dinner with another family but you are welcome to come." I was yelling in my head telling him to say 'no' but I saw him smile at me.

"Yes I am.....what time?" I wanted to smack him in the face. He knew I didn't want to be bothered with Sam or nobody.

"7:00 I hope to see you there" my mom winked at me then went in the house.

I suck my tongue out at him and ran into the house.

7:00 came and I was wearing a navy blue short dress with flats. My sister came into my room.

"Wow..Anna you look beautiful. " I smiled at her.

"You look beautiful too, I love the dress." she giggled at my comment. She was wearing a pink dress with a cute design on it.

"Thanks Anna, umm do you still like Sam." Her question made me stop doing everything, I looked at her as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Uh no ........uh, we don't talk." I sat on my bed. Jasmine sat next to me.

"Oh...then who was that guy who dropped you off earlier." I laughed at the thought of Darren.

"Err...a friend. " She laughed. We heard the door from downstairs open and people talking. Jasmine quickly stopped laughing.

"Well here we go" She grabbed my hand and we both stood up and left my room.

Jasmine ran down the stairs faster than me. I saw Sams family sitting in the living room with my family. Carter jumped up once he saw me.

"Anna!" He ran and spun me around. I was laughing at him the whole time. "Someone looks hot." I blushed at his comment.

"And someone looks handsome." He cheeks turned red and poked me in my side. I jumped.