Eerie Town

It's been a few days of being back in Mystic Falls, just a few days of being back at the place that serves as a reminder of how messed up my life is, or was

It's been a few days of being back in Mystic Falls, just a few days of being back at the place that serves as a reminder of how messed up my life is, or was. I look at my clock giving it a frown when I realize I had woken up an hour before my alarm. Wonderful.

Getting out of bed, my feet makes contact with the cold hardwood floor but I pay no mind to it. Stretching for a few seconds, I finally make my way to the adjoining bathroom and run the bath. After taking a 15 minute shower, I get out and pick out my outfit for the day. Skinny jeans, grey shirt and jacket. Nothing fancy. Hey, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I have no one I'm trying to impress.

After applying some eyeliner and chapstick, I grab my school bag and leave my room. Walking into the kitchen, I open the fridge and pour myself a cup of orange juice. I look through my phone and raise an eyebrow when I see a text from Caroline asking if I wanted to sit with her, Elena and Bonnie during lunch time. She just doesn't know when to give up, doesn't she.

Rolling my eyes, I put my phone into my pocket not even bothering to reply to Caroline's text. Caroline has been texting me, asking if I wanted to hangout or go shopping with her. Doesn't she know the fact that I'm not the same Emilie she knew almost three years ago?

Washing the glass I just used, I pickup my school bag and grab an apple from the fruit basket I had set out last night. I walk to the door to see a note stuck on it so I take it to read it's content. 'Was called in early to work. Won't be home till very late, sorry. Stay safe - Rachel'.

Letting out another sigh, I fold the sticky note and put it in my back pocket. Oh if I didn't mention it before, Rachel is my legal guardian, she was a close friend of my parents. If it wasn't for her, I'd be in the system. I owe her so much, she even insists I only pay her back with take out and Ryan Gosling movies. I will never understand that woman.

Making sure the door is locked, I make my way to the driveway towards my car and get in. Driving through the town square, I realize how misty it is this morning, giving the town an eerie feel to it. There's something strange about this town, but I can't figure out what it is. Shivering lightly at the thought, I ignore the chill that ran down my spine as I pull into the schools parking lot.

Finally it's Friday. I gather my things and take a deep breath before getting out of my car. I see a bunch of guys playing basketball and I do my best not to get hit. "Emilie!" I suddenly hear a familiar voice call me making me turn around to see a guy with dark hair and basketball shorts jog towards me. As he gets closer I smile realizing who it is.

"Tyler Lockwood" I say as he smiles back. "Emilie Collins!" He says enthusiastically and I cringe at the mention of my last name. He swoops me up in a tight hug before spinning me around and I let out a surprised yell. "Nice to see you too Ty!" I say as he sets me down. "I heard you were back and I thought nah, I'll see it to believe it. When'd you get back?" He asks as I adjust the strap of my bag on my shoulder as I start feeling guilty that I didn't contact him sooner. "Sunday morning" I say as he nods clearly pleased that I'm back. "Cool. You should've called me! I missed my bestie" Tyler says fake pouting and I chuckle. "Sorry! It's just been really hectic, moving back here and settling in, you know?" I say as he nods understanding what I meant. "I understand, but I'm glad you're back. Hey, who are you staying with? We have plenty of rooms back at my house and I'm sure my mom would love for you to stay with us" he offers and I bite my lower lip.