Stranger in the woods

Klaus ~~~

Klaus ~~~

After I had gotten to know Emilie and we talked for hours, I knew it was time to call it a night. She truly is different and I can tell she's strong, but I can see it in her eyes she feels a bit lost. I so desperately wanted to tell her of her true origins, but I felt that it wasn't my place to do so.

Walking into my new home, I go upstairs and scan the rooms for Rebekah's. Thanks to the Salvatore's my siblings are all awake, now I have to endure that incessant bickering for who knows how long.

I open the door to my sisters room to find her drinking from a blood bag while still wearing her pink homecoming dress. "Why didn't you tell me!" I demand walking into the room as she tosses the empty bag away before wiping her mouth with her hand. "Tell you what? I was stuck in a coffin with a dagger in my heart for a month, don't you remember?" Rebekah asks sarcastically as she crosses her arms. "Why didn't you tell me about Emilie?" I ask lowly, this time as my sisters face softens.

I can't believe she kept this from me! "H-how did you find out?" She whispers quietly and I take a deep breath to calm myself. "I met her at the homecoming dance and then at the grocery store earlier today, I've been keeping an eye on her. Why didn't you tell me, sister?" I ask her again as she sits on the edge of her bed.

She stays quiet for a few seconds as if she's finding the right word while looking at the floor. "I didn't tell you because I knew if I did, you'd want to use her just like your using that bitch Elena. Emilie is nothing like Katerina or Elena. Emilie is sweet, kind, warmhearted and she's lost, Nik" she explains as I give her a frowned look, I know Emilie feels lost, I can feel it when I'm around her.

If only Emilie remembered who we are, then maybe she wouldn't feel as lost. "You know what she is, tell me sister, is she what I think she is?!" I ask in a very low voice and Rebekah nods, confirming that my thoughts are correct.

Rebekah explains to me that she befriended Emilie to get to know her and that she wasn't sure if Emily was who she said she is. "Rebekah I would never hurt Emilie. Have you told our brother?" I ask worried and she shakes her head. "No, I didn't tell either of them. Nik, if Kol finds out, if he finds out we kept her from him, who knows how he will take it" Rebekah worries as I sit next to her. "Then he must never know. I'll arrange a trip for him to Italy. Keep him away from here until we figure out how to tell him about Emilie" I say sitting besides her as my shoulders slouch. "Nik, he can never know about her, he's damaged enough as it is and this will break him deeper" Rebekah explains as I shut my eyes remembering how hurt he was when he lost Josette. "Very well then, we don't speak of this to him or Elijah. If we tell Elijah he'd insist we tell Kol and we can't have that. It's our secret, sister" I say as Rebekah sighs in relief. "Our secret" she repeats.

+++++++

Emilie ~~~

Two weeks later