Finding the way back

All the kings horses and all the kings men

The soft sound of leaves dancing in the wind sent a calmness to the area. The sky was bluer than usual and the rays of the sun kissed her face causing her cheeks to flush. Emilie smiled as a few leaves fell around her due to another breeze blowing through the trees and enjoyed the warmth from the sun.

"Fancy meeting you here"

Emilie turned her head to see Kol leaning against a tree with a smug smile on his face. He had been watching her for a while now and each time he laid eyes on her, she took his breath away.

"You followed me. Stalker much?" Emilie smirked.

"Well considering that I woke up in a cold bed and realizing that my girlfriend was no where to be found, I began to grow worried" Kol walked over to her.

Emilie raised an eyebrow at the Mikaelson.

"Aw, you're worried about me? Afraid I'll run away?" She teased making him roll his eyes.

"No. Afraid that someone would steal you away from me. Perhaps a certain Salvatore" He snickered.

Emilie snorted and reached up to remove a fallen leaf on his head and throwing it in the ground. She found it silly for him to think that Stefan would steal her away from him considering he was a very strong Original, plus she knew it would never happen. Emilie chose Kol and she will always keep choosing him every second of every day.

"Don't worry. No one would steal me away" she reassured him

Kol's smile faded and he looked away from her. His heart sunk to his stomach as a thought appeared in his mind.

"Death is the only thing that could steal you away" Kol murmured brushing her cheek with his thumb.

Emilie pursed her lips. A few days ago they both discussed if she would ever want to turn into a vampire since Emilie would obviously age. Though he would always remain by her side until her last breath, Kol Mikaelson could not bare the thought of living forever without Emilie by his side. He had to admit he was disappointed to know that Emilie had decided to remain human, and he respected her decision- with a heavy heart.

"Hey we still have time" she placed her palm on his cheek and met her lips to his. It was a short yet loving kiss.