Truces, Curses and Bullets.

It was a quiet morning, brighter than usual, something that the residents of New Orleans needed, especially its supernatural residents

It was a quiet morning, brighter than usual, something that the residents of New Orleans needed, especially its supernatural residents. Emilie stood at the door fumbling with her fingers nervously before raising her fist to knock. She knew that he was home and it wasn't long before the door in front of her swung open revealing the only father figure she has in her life. He was surprised to see her standing there and that made her more nervous. Emilie was expecting him to yell and scream at her, make her leave and never return but instead there was just silence.

"I-I know the last few months were, horrible and I know I did- said things, I get it if you don't want me here but I just wanted to say-" Emilie stuttered before he wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. She was surprised at first but instantly relaxed and hugged him in return

"It doesn't matter. The past is in the past, I'm just happy you're back kid. You're okay" Marcel told her full of relief.

After their heartfelt reunion, Marcel handed Emilie a glass of blood which she took thankfully. He had brought her up to speed with everything going on and Klaus' departure from the Quarter. She was disappointed that she didn't get the chance to make amends with Klaus, yet she felt it was for the best since their relationship was beyond repair at this point. Once Marcel was done telling her everything that was going on, it was Emilie's turn to give him the big news that Kol was back.

"So you actually did it?" Marcel asked seeming anything but thrilled at the fact that Kol Mikaelson was alive and well.

Emilie could see clearly Marcel wasn't too happy about it, especially since he knew how badly it ended between them and Davina when Kol died in Kalebs body. Marcel had to deal with two daughter figures coping in their own way over the loss of a boy that they both were in love with, he gave props to human parents that raise their teenagers.

"It took some time but yeah, I did, he's back. Despite my relationship with the Mikaelsons, they seemed happy that I brought their brother back. Elijah and Klaus seemed happy" Emilie mumbled that last sentence before taking another sip of the blood.

Marcel pursed his lips, she didn't have to tell him that she wished things would mend between her and the Mikaelsons, he could see it all over her face; the guilt, the pain. Frankly, he was glad that Emilie wasn't involved with the family, with the exception of Kol of course.

"Let me guess, you didn't even get a thank you" Marcel said bitterly. Emilie's silence told him he was right and he wasn't surprised.