A Respectable Gentleman

Needs to be edited so please excuse any spelling mistakes! Other than that enjoy!

Emilie~~~

Searching every cabinet in the kitchen, I silently curse in frustration when I can't find the serving spoons. Slamming the cabinet I move to the drawer besides it to continue my search. "What are you looking for?" I hear Rachel ask me as she frowns at all the noise I'm making. "I'm looking for the damn serving spoons!" I grumble annoyed. Rachel clears her throat but I ignore it until she calls me. "Um Emilie?" She says and I turn around to see her holding up the serving spoons with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh thank god. Where were they?" I ask relived before taking the spoons from her. "They were on the counter Em. Are you seriously so nervous about this dinner?" Rachel asks me causing me to give her a sarcastic smile. "Of course I'm nervous! This is the first time I've ever brought a guy home for you to meet and I-I want everything to be perfect" I explain.

Rachel gives me a warm smile while she sets a stack of plates on the counter. "You really like him, don't you?" She asks sincerely and brushes my hair back over my shoulder. "A lot actually. He's... different. He isn't like the other guys in this town and I really have a good feeling about him. I feel like I've known him my entire life" I admit and soon enough I feel my cheeks heat up. "Aw sweetie. I never thought I'd see the day you would fall hard for someone. I'm happy you for Em, you deserve to be happy. But, if he does anything to hurt you, I'll kick his ass" Rachel jokes and I laugh with her. "I don't doubt it. You'll love him, I know you will" I tell her just as there's a knock on the door.

I begin to get nervous again as Rachel squeals in excitement. "That's him, how do I look?" I ask her and she smiles approvingly. "Stunning. Go on, I'll set the table" she rushes me and I walk out of the kitchen and go towards the front door. After taking a deep breath, I open the door and I'm blessed with the sight of Kol right before my eyes. He looks down to me with a soft smile on his lips as his brown eyes stare into mine. "Hello darling" he greets and I completely melt inside. "H-hi, I'm glad you could make it" I say and mentally face palm. I'm such a spaz!

"Well I wouldn't miss this dinner for the world and you look beautiful, love" he compliments me and yet again I'm blushing like crazy. "Aw thank you, you look handsome, as always. Rachel is dying to meet you again by the way" I say holding the door open for him to get in, but, he just stands there awkwardly scanning the doorway, weird. "Well, I'd love to meet Rachel again" he says trying to hide the fact that he see,s to be struggling. "Would you please come in?" I ask realizing that I forgot my manners and received a big smile from him. "Yes, thank you darling" he steps into the house and I shut the door.

Facing him again, my eyes widen when he hands me a bouquet of flowers. Lilies to be exact. "Oh my gosh. Kol, they're so beautiful. Thank you" I tell him before placing a kiss on his cheek. "Anytime darling" he says caressing my cheek and I melt at his touch. We hear someone clear their throats and we turn towards the living room to see Rachel standing there with a smile. "Hello Kol, it is very nice to see you again" she greets him as she shakes his hand. "The pleasure is all mine Ms. Fell. And these are for you" Kol says handing her a bouquet of light pink roses. "Oh please, call me Rachel and these are just lovely, thank you" she says smelling the roses before looking up at me with a teasing smile.