Broken friendship

Kol~~~

Kol~~~

Leaning against the bridge, I look down at the water to pass the time. I've arrived early to this meeting, eager to get it over and done with. I check the time on my watch and realize that it's noon when suddenly I hear a whoosh sound behind me making me smile. "I didn't think you would show" I say turning around. Silence. "I see you got that whole brooding look going on. It suits you" I tell Stefan who just stands there a few feet away from me.

Stefan Salvatore eyes me, and I almost hope he pounces, it'll give me a good reason to end his pathetic brooding life. "So what is your concern with Emilie? Speak up, I don't have all day" I say offering him to speak his mind. "My concern with Emilie is that she's unaware that she's dating a monster" he spats, even though he has a point, but I can't help but think how much of a hypocrite he is . "Aren't we all monsters, mate? Have you forgotten how deeply in love Elena Gilbert is with you? She loves a monster, or so my brother calls, a ripper!" I say cooly causing Stefan's face to fall but harden once again.

"I may have been a ripper, but at least I have compassion. You, you kill for fun or because you're bored. Emilie isn't safe with you!" Stefan protests and I do my best to calm myself.

"No! You are wrong! Emilie isn't safe here. This entire bloody town treats her as if she's nothing! And for what? Huh? Because of what happened to her family? Given the chance, this entire town will come after her with torches and pitchforks! Yes I may be a monster but I swear, no harm will come to her. Not when she's with me" I explain, I will do anything to keep Emilie safe, even if it kills me.

"You think she's safe with you? You are the second worst original! Klaus being the first! Once Emilie finds out what you are, she will despise you!" Stefan sneers angrily. Is this idiot trying to get himself killed?

"I beg your pardon? Are you threatening to tell her? Please, correct me if I am wrong" I say walking up to him.

Stefan snickers, a big smirk on his face as he takes another step towards me. "You heard me. I am only going to say this once. Stay away from her. You and your family of crazies need to cut all ties with her. If you don't, then I will tell her myself what you and your family are" Stefan says. Who does he think he is? Does he really think I would do what he's asking?