Unearthed

It was just an ordinary night in the town of Mystic Falls, people took their nighttime strolls in their neighborhoods, store owners locked up for the night while parents tucked their children into bed

It was just an ordinary night in the town of Mystic Falls, people took their nighttime strolls in their neighborhoods, store owners locked up for the night while parents tucked their children into bed. It was as normal as it could be for anyone in the town, cool air and a quiet night.

Whistling can be heard coming from the graveyard watcher in the towns cemetery. He was doing his rounds making sure none of the towns teenagers snuck in to cause any trouble as they always did at this time at night. It wasn't anything too serious, just kids who would sneak in to drink and smoke. Typical.

He switched on his flashlight and scanned the area he was in to make sure it was clear, however, something caught his eye in the distance. He walked towards one of the graves gasping at the sight before him as he aimed the light in front of him to see a hole in the ground. Someone had dug themselves out due to the prints of hands on the dirt and he could see just barley where the coffin was broken.

The graveyard watcher was now trembling in fear as he could not believe his eyes. He then aimed his flashlight on the tombstone where he read the name engraved on it.

Here lies our friend, our sister, our family.

Emilie Collins

Emilie walked along the empty road, she hugged her self as she shivered but it wasn't due to the cold. The soft breeze causes her hair to flow covering her face in the process as she stumbled. Her footprints stamped the pavement in blood but she felt no pain, she was confused, disoriented. Emilie didn't know what was going on or how she was here or how much time has passed, but all she wanted to do was find someone, anyone she knows.

In the distance the headlights of a car shined on her causing Emilie to turn around. The car was speeding towards her and honked at her to move out of the way but she couldn't. Before the car could hit her, an invisible barrier stopped the car from getting near Emilie and crumbled like a can of soda before her eyes. The car was pushed back and rolled on the road and whoever was inside was probably long gone.

Emilie however, just turned around and kept walking not seeming fazed about what just happened. Nothing made any sense to her, her mind was clouded, she felt detached from her body, her memory was fuzzy. It was all too weird.

Emilie kept walking, her head was down, the night air became colder and it still didn't bother her.

"Excuse me miss? Are you okay? Was that your car back there?" A voice asked causing Emilie to stop in her tracks.