On the hunt

My Dearest Emilie,

My Dearest Emilie,

There is absolutely no easy way to tell you this, however, after our last encounter I have come to an understanding that you might not care and I do not blame you. I have done many terrible things even before I met you, I have made many mistakes, but hurting you was and will always be my greatest mistake. My mother brought me back to life to do her biding alongside Finn. She put me in this new body in hopes that I would start a new life. For a moment, a split second I truly believed her, but then a voice in my head reminded me who my mother is.

Once I took my first breath in this new body, I was prepared to live a life with a dark cloud over my head. I would be the boy looking into a window to see the family he so desperately wanted to be a part of, I would have to live a new life where you, Emilie, are no longer in.

You dying before my eyes would always be something that will haunt me. You not existing in my world any longer was something I was not prepared for, but I had to accept it. When Davina came along, my mother made it my mission to become close with her as I'm sure you already know the full story. Once I realized she was a Claire witch, I did everything I could to keep away from the girl but my mother, she threatened you.

Esther knew you were alive again and swore that if I did not do what she asked of me that she would send the coven after you. The witches threatened your life and I knew I couldn't let them hurt you, so I remained with Davina, but my heart was-will never be hers.

When I saw you that day when you saved us from Mikael, I swore my mind was playing tricks on me, but you were real and I felt a sense of hope that things might end up being okay; however, some stories don't have a happy ending. I stood on the side of my siblings, and as a price Finn hexed me, cursed me, now this body that I am in is dying...courtesy of my brother.

I don't have long and I believe that the only way that I could make you understand is by writing this letter. I care for Davina, but not in the way that I care for you. Even in death, my heart will always be yours wether you want it or not. But there is something important that you need to know.

Your powers, they are taking over your being and faster now that you're a vampire. It is vital that you keep them at bay for as long as you can or the results will be catastrophic. There will come a time when the power would become too unbearable. It will try to control you.

Don't lose yourself to your power, Emilie. You need to fight it, control it before it controls you. Don't let it change you. You weren't meant to hold the power of all elements, and time is running out. I won't tell you what to do, but I suggest you leave any situations that might put you in distress emotionally and mentally. Your powers are strongest when your emotions are at their peak and they trigger your powers out of control.