Uncle Who?

(Please forgive any spelling errors)

Every candle in the room flickered and dimmed, Emilie sat quietly on her bed, her tears were now dried

Every candle in the room flickered and dimmed, Emilie sat quietly on her bed, her tears were now dried. She felt the hunger rise in her but she ignored the feeling and focused on the candles around her. The flames raised and lowered, they grew brighter and then dimmed, she had finally learned to control the first element and fire seems to be her strong suit.

The door the her room opens, she doesn't bother to see who it is because she already knows. Marcel sits down next to her, he takes in her appearance and his own heart breaks. He had heard Emilie's and Kol's conversation and he was glad Emilie gave him a piece of her mind and a taste of her fist to his cheek. Marcel didn't feel bad about the now purple bruise on Kol's face and he hopes that it would serve as a reminder of the shameful thing he had done to Emilie.

Marcel studied Emilie's face, her face was blank yet her eyes held so much emotion and it made him sigh in relief. "You got me worried there, I thought you would've switched it off by now" Marcel said breaking the silence.

Emilie blinked as her eyes were becoming dry.

"Yet you didn't attempt to talk me out of it, why?" Emilie croaked.

Marcel sighed. He had thought about it, but he knows in his heart how strong Emilie is.

"Because I would have understood if you did. Klaus would probably stake me if I let it happened, but even if it isn't always an answer, switching it off and letting out some steam can do some good. It doesn't always end well though" Marcel explains.

"It does sound tempting. But it's not worth it, he's not worth it" Emilie whispered.

Marcel places his hand on her back, his ears perk up at the sound of Kol's breathing in the hallway, eavesdropping. "What Kol did, is unacceptable. But sometimes, things happen for a reason. Something good can come out of this because frankly, you deserve so much better, Em. You're young and you got your whole life ahead of you still, don't let one person be the reason you don't want to live it. You are better than this Emilie, don't settle for less than what you deserve. Enjoy your new life, your new beginning and your second chance" Marcel said to her sincerely.

Emilie turns her head to face him, a small smile on her lips. "My mother used to say that" Emilie said with fresh tears in her eyes.

"That's because I always used to tell her that. She wouldn't want to see you like this, you have her strength. Use it" Marcel urged her.