The Dark Truth

*contians minor cussing*

Three Days Later

Emilie~~~

Adrenaline was surging through me like rockets ready to launch, after holding my anger in for three days, I was ready to let it all out. I speed walk across the football field towards Stefan who was oblivious that I was charging towards him like a bull. "Stefan" I call out causing him to look away from Caroline and Elena who he was speaking to at the moment. Stefan gives me a surprised expression which disappears when he notices the glare I'm sending him.

"Hi Em!" Caroline greets me and I give her and Elena a smile before turning to Stefan.

"We need to talk" I say to Stefan who frowns even more. "Em, is everything okay?" Elena asks me worriedly but I give her a small smile.

"I don't know yet, but do you mind if Stefan and I talk? It's important" I say politely. Stefan chuckles as he stuffs his hands into his pockets. "Oh come on, Emilie. What ever You can say to me, you can say in front of your friends. I'm sure they won't mind" Stefan says raising his chin up.

His new attitude towards me does take me by surprise. The way his voice sounds, void of any emotion, it's like he's a completely different person. I raise my eyebrow at him and his new jerk-like attitude. Okay, he wants to be a jerk, then two can play at this game.

"You feel so proud of yourself, don't you? I absolutely despise guys like you, not getting what they want so instead try other ways to sabotage a relationship" I start off and by the look on Stefan's face, I can tell I got his attention.

"What do you mean?" Elena asks full of concern and Stefan's face falls. "Huh, not so high and mighty now, are you?" I ask Stefan who clears his throat.

"I Uh, Emilie I can explain" Stefan says but I shake my head at him. "No, I'm tired of you explaining everything. I never thought that you were capable of stooping so low because Im with someone you hate. I get it, you're hurt that I don't return the feelings you feel for me and I won't apologize for being with someone who makes me so happy. But threatening to turn me against him? How dare you?" I say as Caroline just looks at us.

"He's not who you think he is, Emilie. He's a monster, he hurts people for fun and I've seen it first hand" Stefan says. I scoff, how could he say that? If I knew in my heart that Kol could be capable of that, I wouldn't be with him. "And where's your proof? How can you prove that?" I ask and Stefan purses his lips.

"Emilie, you're very good at telling if someone is lying. Just please, hear me out. He is dangerous, his entire family is. I'm sorry, if I hurt you by this, but you have to believe me when I say that I care about you" Stefan says and my eyes flicker to Elena who seems really hurt by Stefan's words.

"Okay! Who is this he you're talking about?" Caroline asks, clearly interested in this conversation as if it was a soap opera.

"Kol was so ready to go after you after I told him you have feelings for me, but I stopped him because I wanted to believe that you must have had a good explanation as to why you threatened him to leave me. Why do you hate him so much? You're supposed to be my friend" I say looking at him unbelievably.

"Wait! Kol Mikaelson is your boyfriend!?" Caroline shrieks. "Yes!" I say at the same time as Stefan says "No!" and I glare at him and he balls up his fists. A breath leaves my lips as I look at Stefan who just stares at me, so with a shake of my head I turn on my heel and walk away. I guess that's just how my life is, I get close to people and they either end up hurting or leaving me. But, this time it doesn't hurt as bad because for the first I'm the one to walk away.