Too close yet too far

Please excuse any spelling errors !

Alistair watched quietly from the doorway as Emilie recited one of the many resurrection spells she created in hopes that at-least one of them would work

Alistair watched quietly from the doorway as Emilie recited one of the many resurrection spells she created in hopes that at-least one of them would work. It has been a week since she regained control from her powers but alas it was anything but what she had hoped that would help her in accomplishment. She was growing frustrated.

The Du Pres pursed his lips when the candle fires went out, signaling that Emilie's spell had failed and no sign of a dead Original was nowhere in sight. Emilie tore the parchment up into pieces, her eyes holding the familiar coldness since the day she switched her humanity off. Alistair crinkled his nose due to the stench of the two rotting corpses of the witches that had caused some trouble towards Emilie.

"What good is it to have this power if I can't use it to bring someone back from the dead? I feel so damn useless" Emilie grumbled picking up the candles.

"You are not useless. Eighty five different resurrection spells? You will figure out the right one. Patience is key, cousin" Alistair reassured handing her a glass of blood.

Emilie takes it from him and takes a sip of the dark red liquid, she hasn't fed in two days and the last time she had blood came from the now rotting corpses of the witches. Alistair followed her gaze and cringed lightly at the smelly bodies before turning his gaze to Emilie who was staring off into space.

"Might I suggest getting rid of the bodies before you continue working? It's certainly putting such a dull and uninviting vibe to this home along with my charming mood" Alastair smiled sarcastically.

"I was going to FedEx the witches to Davina but unfortunately, she's been MIA for the last few days and none of the locator spells have worked on finding her. I suppose the river will do for poor Helga and Tina" Emilie rolled her eyes.

The Collins put her attention to her grimoire, going back to cracking another resurrection spell; she wanted to bring Kol back more than anything but she didn't realize how difficult it would be. Alistair helped as much as he could; in truth, she was all alone in this.

"The spell book has served as a dead end, Emilie. Why don't you just go and ask Kol yourself on how you can bring him back? Surly he might know something" Alistair pointed out as he threw a sheet over one of the witches.

"Damn sheet was Egyptian cotton" he complained quietly with a frown.

Emilie stiffened. She always knew she could travel to the ancestral plane to seek out Kol, but she didn't think it was the best. She wanted to find a solution on her own.