House Arrest

⚜️

⚜️

"I'm not a fool, I see the way you look at her" she says, a small frown on her face.

He looks away from her, he tried pushing down the shame he felt. This wasn't right, and he fought hard to not make it obvious, but she figured it out.

"Hey, I'm not judging you, I just, I can see your struggle with this. Why haven't you told her yet?" She asks him.

He shook his head as he looked out into the night, this was something he has been struggling with for a while now and he desperately wished he didn't feel this way; but he couldn't help it.

"It's complicated, if it wasn't obvious" he whispered.

⚜️

The compound was quiet, Emilie was standing out in her balcony looking through her photos in her phone. She had taken dozens of photos of her and Kol, the memory of each and every one them made her smile. She scrolled through more photos and tapped on one where she and Kol were taking a selfie, but Elijah photobombed them making a silly face behind Kol. Emilie laughed to herself as she looked at Elijah's face, many may see him as uptight and strict, but Emilie had gotten the pleasure of knowing the silly and goofy side of him, a side he doesn't show anyone.

"Hey" She heard a knock at the door.

Emilie turned to see Kaleb walking in making her sigh.

"What do you want ?" Emilie asked in a bored tone.

Kaleb sighed as he looked around her room before taking a few steps towards her. He was nervous and one wrong word would probably be his last. Kaleb wondered how his Emilie has become so angry? Perhaps, she was always angry to begin with and has heightened since she's become a vampire?

"I came here because I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was wrong and unfair of me, you just wanted to help. I'm sorry" Kaleb apologized.

Emilie let out a heavy breath out of her nose as she turned around to face him. He held sincerity in his eyes and for a moment, she could've sworn it was Kol that was standing in Kalebs place.

"I'm sorry for almost killing you" Emilie said wearing a sheepish smile.

Kaleb laughs as the awkward tension thankfully disappears.