Doubts and Bloody Flowers

F I V E   Y E A R S   A G O

F I V E Y E A R S A G O

Standing at the window that serves as a good view of the French Quarter, Marcel racks his brain for a solution to an unexpected problem. Though the word problem did sound insensitive to the situation, it didn't mean he was heartless, he was only having trouble of figuring out a good way where no one would get hurt.

"Is this why you brought me back? To help you figure out a solution? To tell you what you should do? Well I regret to inform you that I won't help you. So why don't you just let me go?" Emilie more like demanded.

Marcel's shoulders tensed as he took in a deep breath before turning to face the Collins. Her cold gaze piercing through his soul; there, in those blue oceans he saw resentment, hatred and betrayal. Deep down, he felt awful for what he did, but his now clear mind, Marcel thought what he did was the right thing he needed to do- he would not lose one daughter figure to the Mikaelsons and he'd do anything to make sure Emilie would never be a part of their family.

"I'm doing this to save you from making a dangerous decision. I let you go, you'll just go running back to that family and trust me that's the last thing I'll ever let you do" Marcel told her.

"Well it's my decision to make, not yours. The Mikaelsons were a part of my life, Kol was a part of my life and thanks to you, you killed him, you killed all of them. Klaus is your prisoner and so am I. Hope you're happy" Emilie snapped at him.

Marcel closed his eyes trying to remain calm in her presence for her sake.

"They destroy everything they touch and I'm surprised you've lasted this long after years of being involved with them. I'm only trying to save you from getting more hurt.You got bigger things to worry about now, so I suggest you sit down, be quiet and let me think or else I'll make you and Klaus cell buddies. You're just as hard headed as Olivia" Marcel snapped at her.

Emilie was taken back, she stumbled backwards a little and Josh caught her to stable her. Emilie was furious and Josh had to rub her back in order to calm her down.

"Marcel, stop, t-this isn't helping man" Josh defended.

"No. I'm done trying to sugar coat everything. The harsh truth is that anyone involved with the Mikaelsons end up dead. Look what happened to Thierry, Jackson, Cami, Davina, all of them died because they were involved with that family and I refused to let anything happen to Emilie and that includes you too Josh!" Marcel yelled startling both vampires.