Stirring Awakenings

The Mikaelsons home was abandoned, left to crumble with the passing years

The Mikaelsons home was abandoned, left to crumble with the passing years. Ghosts of a time where the once lavish home flourished, now walked the empty halls. Greenery and vines had taken up root and spread throughout every surface it could latch and hold on to, the sun now barely able to stream in from the borded up windows attempting to give a little spec of life to the compound. A ray of hope.

Deep in the underground beneath the compound, where only the non living lived had become the home to only one living yet not exactly alive. Klaus had spent the most part of five years chained, disgraced and concealed from the world. The effects of Freya's spell weighed him down and the small portion of blood he rarely got was enough to keep some life within him.

A pair of blue eyes stared at him, hands clutching the iron bars of the gate separating her from him. She watched as he hugged his knees remaining in the same position for the last few weeks as he winced due to getting used to the sounds of every day life again. Klaus managed the strength to look up as he felt eyes on him. Darkness shadowed under his eyes, his hair now a little over grown hung slightly over his brows, his lips trembled as he tried to form words, his throat ached due to the dryness and hunger rising in him.

"E-Emilie?" He managed to say, his voice was scratchy, hoarse yet tinted with the little hope he had left.

A loud clanking noise echoed from upstairs as two voices followed, barely audible for human ears. She looked back at Klaus before walking away from the locked gate and disappearing in the darkness of the short tunnel. Klaus sighed and squeezed his eyes shut thinking it was all an illusion, he knew there was no hope that Emilie would help him and knew he should give up.

Later that afternoon, high up in Marcel's penthouse, loud music was playing as the lavish high rise home filled up with vampires of all ages. Marcel, the party's host welcomed one of New Orleans new comer whom he believed was here for anything but a welcome party. Marcel, though warm and welcoming kept his guard up and offered the older vampire a few drink choices which he gratefully took, but it wasn't long when he decided to get down to business and reveal his true purpose for being here.

"Now that...that is a kind gesture. Though I don't believe one can be free, if ones oppressor still lives" the vampire said as he placed the glass on a tray. "Niklaus turned me and then he compelled me to slaughter my entire estate, including my wife and child. All so that I could serve as a distraction to lure away his vile father. I spent a century hiding in the shadows. Where is my justice?" The vampire asked Marcel.

"Now, five years ago, you made him suffer. And you tell us that he suffers still, and yet we have no proof. And now the only thing that prevents him from returning to wreak untold havoc is your word" he explains.