Linked

A week has passed, but it was the toughest week this year had given me

A week has passed, but it was the toughest week this year had given me. Well, this month has been crazy over all. I was practically walking on eggshells every waking moment. Who knew that trying so hard not to get hurt was extremely difficult, especially for someone as clumsy as me?

The Mikaelsons and I came to a compromise after our little discovery. To their dismay, I demanded that I stay at my house since they wanted me to live with them. They wanted to keep an eye on me 24/7 for my safety, but living like a prisoner did not settle well with me.

However, the only thing I agreed on was for Rebekah to spend as much time with me; she's like my personal bodyguard. I didn't object to it though, because we would see each other everyday since we have most of our classes together. I'm only bummed out at the fact that I can't join my P.E class for the time being. Rebekah has compelled our instructor to let me sit class out, I still can't believe that she has the ability to do that.

Kol was anything but pleased at the fact that Rebekah was going to be the one that would be attached to my hip practically. He argued that I'd be safer with him and he'd prevent anything bad happening to me, but things have been awkward between us, so there's that.

Klaus and Elijah started their search for a way to break the link between Kol and I, but there wasn't much luck. I've seen at least five witches who tried breaking the link...they all failed. Great. They're not giving up though, the two brothers swore they'd find a way and I have faith that they will. I mean, it's not like Kol and I can remain linked forever, right?

Lastly, Kol. I don't know where he and I stand at the moment. I was still trying to juggle everything including the fact that he's a vampire along with his family. It was something that I still found it hard to believe. He searched every inch of this town to find Angelique who was gone without a trace, as if she fell off the face of the earth. Kol assured me that we probably won't be seeing her anytime soon or at all, yet my gut told me she was anything but done with us.

Stefan and I haven't spoken for about a week now, but he always stares at me during class and lunch time. He'll occasionally make attempts to talk to me, but never gets far enough to say a word.

Elena, Caroline and even Bonnie have tried talking to me also. I miss them but I'm very conflicted on either staying away from them or make an effort to at least hear them out. Time is all I need at the moment to figure things out and to make sense of everything. It's been hard keeping this a secret from Rachel to whom I talk to about everything; the good thing is that she's always busy with work and Elijah is also in a way keeping her distracted.

Currently, I'm cleaning around the house. I've been doing that lately, especially now that Rachel only comes home late at night extremely tired from long hours. I didn't mind cleaning though, it served as a distraction and very therapeutic. Once I was done with every room downstairs, I moved up to my room and started cleaning.