Embers

Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Emilie walk through  Lafayette Cemetery until they reach the location where Kol is

Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Emilie walk through Lafayette Cemetery until they reach the location where Kol is. They arrive just in time to see Kol and Davina hug for their last farewell before they part and he makes his way into a mausoleum.

"Always and forever is not just something you weasel out of, brother" Klaus told him.

Kol looks at his siblings before his eyes flicker to Emilie's who joined them seconds later.

"Emilie" Kol called out to her. She stood there with hesitation, but a second later she wrapped her arms around him and he did the same. Kol's tears rolled down his cheeks as he held the girl in his arms, he was scared that he wouldn't get the chance to see her again, but she's here now, along with his siblings and it's all he needed right now.

Davina looked away from their embrace as she stood awkwardly to the side, she couldn't help but feel jealous of Emilie. Emilie had everything that Davina didn't, Emilie has the respect of the Mikaelsons, she has their love, their loyalty, their friendship and just like Kol, Davina wished she was apart of that bond; but she knew she never would.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Emilie asked Kol as she pulled away from him.

Kol smiled sadly at her. He knew how she must feel about him and he was certain that she wouldn't have cared if he died. He didn't deserve her, never has, never will.

"I didn't think you would care, love. After everything I did, I know you hate me more than you do Angelique. I deserve this" Kol explained as he started to tremble.

Emilie frowned at him.

"Listen to me. I hate what you did, but, I could never hate you, Kol Mikaelson. Im still very much hurt with what you did, but that doesn't matter right now" Emilie explained to him causing him to smile painfully as he feels his body becoming weak.

"Always the light in the darkness you are, Emilie Collins" Kol chuckled before coughing violently.

Elijah and Klaus sped to his side and held him up. Kol looked at his older brothers as Emilie turned away as she tried not break down even though she wanted to scream.

Kol grabbed on to Klaus's shoulder and looked into his brothers eyes as Klaus went over to Emilie to comfort her.

"B-Brother" Kol stuttered as he placed Klaus's hand on the side of his head.