The Deal and the Risk

The Deal:
I have decided to host my own review/contest book! 

The deal is that I'll give you an honest review of the book of your choice in return for a couple of favors. My reviews are known for being truthful and helpful rather than discouraging and hurtful. My aim is to serve, to help you as an author improve. If that's what you're here for, then you've come to the right place. I haven't found a review book like this one!

Now, about those favors I mentioned. Here's the regular payment:

•Read the first part of a story of your choice on my profile (excluding the cover shop, "The Junk Drawer" and the review book)

•Vote or comment as proof that you read it

•Follow me

That's it! Two simple things that are fairly easy to complete. If you can't complete payment for some reason, PM me a message and we'll talk! I'll be flexible. Make sure you check the requirements for each package to see if payment is different, though!

The Risk:
•Your review will be placed in here—forever

•You will be kept posted on my progress as I work through your review in PM

•You will be competing against other authors every ten or so reviews with a mini-contest

•You will be ranked on quality with a system of points in which I can give or take away at any time and with however many points

•You will be ranked on point value in the contests 

That being said: points do not determine your story's true value. It just doesn't. Points are just numbers that I use to help determine winners. That doesn't make your plot bad by any means! Keep writing—always.

*Specific contest rules can be found on the first Contest page—ask questions about it there!*

Requirements:
•No poetry, horror, fan-fiction (I'm not an avid reader of these and therefore cannot judge them correctly and precisely)

•No stories with mature themes (I can handle gore and vulgarity in moderation—you be the judge of what you think is too much; I will stop if it's too much)

•Stories do not have to be completed, but one of the packages requires the story to be a completed work

•I will only review what was posted at the time of your request and will PM you if you update while you're in line or while I'm reviewing (parts updated while you're in line or while I'm reviewing will not be reviewed; if you'd like updated parts to be reviewed, you will be moved to the back of the line and will still be reviewed)

•Please wait a minimum of one week from the time I post your first review to submit another application. 

The Form:

-Title

-Genre

-The package of your choice (see below)

-Payment completion confirmation (check package requirements for specific payment)

Packages

Each package, named after places from The Fourth Piper on my profile, is designed to help different stories with different authors. Each aims to provide specific help with certain areas or all areas at once. Choose what will most benefit you!

Cetador Package - I deeply pore over a select five parts of your story and combine a few paragraphs or so about my overall impression and what to try and work on (and what I liked!). You decide which five parts to have me review. This package is helpful with certain parts that you may be questioning if it's good. Perhaps you feel that it isn't exciting enough, or that something just doesn't seem to be clicking or moving fast enough. I recommend requesting your first five parts for a review full of valuable first impressions, but it's really up to you! This review takes the shortest amount of time. Points are added and subtracted throughout, so make sure those five parts are fantastic for the contest!

Requirements: five parts or more, regular payment

Northern Isles Package - This is a review of the entire story in a few different categories, including Introductions, Characters, Grammar & Mechanics, Logistics, Themes, Structure, Quality of Literature, The Art of Writing, Language, Creativity, Connectivity, and Plot. However, you may only choose three of these categories (you may request a category not listed if I approve of it). This package will really help you grow in terms of developing a thematic piece of literature, in morphing your story into a true art form. This review will take a while to post because I have to think a lot about your story and your writing! If you're looking for quick results, this one isn't recommended (the number of parts in your story contribute to the length of time, as well). Points are added and subtracted throughout. This review is only for completed works.

Requirements: completed work and feedback on one of my stories. This payment can just be a comment on one part of any story.

Faenwin Package - This package consists of a category from the above list and one part of your story that I mull over with all of my strength! This could really help you for strengthening that first part (or another!) and for helping that part develop your story thematically as a piece of literature rather than just a story. It's the best of both worlds! This review will also be posted fairly quick since it only requires a quick read and some writing for me. For points, I rate your category from 0-3 (three being the best) and the one part from 0-5 (five being the best).

Requirements: regular payment

Aljhin Package - This package is a bit more than the previous ones, consisting of a full review of your story (not including the title, cover, and blurb). It really helps you get a feel for what you need to improve on and what you're doing well. It's a great tool for looking at a specific work of yours and not just your writing as a whole. Point values are added or subtracted throughout the piece of writing for this package.

Requirements: regular payment

Eracelli Package - This review contains the maximum amount of material you can get in a review! It consists of a full review of your entire story, including critiques on the title, cover, and blurb. This is the standard review that I do, and most of the reviews already posted have gotten this package (before there were packages, this was the one that I dealt out). This review is one that takes a lot of time. If you're looking for quick results and you have a story over five or so parts (actual narrative and not author's notes or anything of the sort), this package isn't recommended. Point values are added or subtracted throughout the piece.

Requirements: for payment, you must read the entirety of The Fourth Piper and send me a PM to my inbox with a few sentences of simple feedback. You don't have to vote or comment at all if you don't want to. This payment is negotiable.

Now, go on. Try me for a review! I'm ready and need a good book to read. Who will be the brave soul to take the risk and submit?